Music Personal Statement Examples

My interest in music was well established at the age of 5 when I won a National Composition Competition to compose a song for the Rainbow Guides. I began piano and recorder lessons shortly afterwards and was consequently able to perform with a renaissance ensemble, where I played a variety of renaissance recorders and crumhorns...
From a young age I have been very interested in popular music and It's culture. My interest started at my family gatherings. My older cousins used to bring their instruments with them and play pop songs everyone knew and most times it ended up with everyone jamming and singing along...
Music has always been one of my main interests and passions and I have always strived to learn and develop my skills and understanding of music as much as possible in my free time. It was only recently that I decided to pursue this interest further and study it full-time, academically at university as it is what I truly believe I want to be doing all my life...
Having come from two extremely musical families, music has always been a prominent part of my life. My love for music developed from recording the radio onto cassettes when I was small, to wanting to know everything about how it all worked...
Music is something I feel very passionate about, my experience in various areas of the industry has fed this passion and I am very keen to strive towards a career in this very area. Although being 24 years of age I am pushing myself as far as need be to achieve where I want to be in the future...
I am studying for A levels in Music, Music Technology and Business Studies at the Bournemouth and Poole College of Further Education From a young age I developed an interest in music and music technoloy which led to me playing in school and local bands...
There are many reasons why I want to study music and why I believe that I would make a great asset to the University of Liverpool. The earliest musical memory I have is singing along to ‘Puff The Magic Dragon’ and crying my heart out...
For as long as I can remember I have had a very deep passion for Musical Theatre. A passion that was accompanied by a burning ambition to succeed, and even as a small child that ambition was enough to make any sacrifices that were necessary to ensure I would always perform at my best, and since I was about ten years old, small things such as not eating chocolate before a performance, wearing a distasteful, but very warm coat and scarf to prevent catching a cold, and just always taking care of my body and my voice, even if it does mean missing that party that “everyone is going to” and instead holding my head over a bowl of hot water, and inhaling the steam for fifteen minutes! No sacrifice has or will ever be too much...
My interest in music came at a later part of my teens, after a family member who has been in a number music projects and performances with his local church for many years. With his inspiration I started taking interests in many different areas with in the music practise area, such as notation, different playing techniques and styles, and many new genre of music...
I am currently enrolled in St. Andrews University, in my final year of studying Mathematics at honours level. As my Advanced Higher's indicate, I found myself at the end of school with two interests, Mathematics and Music; I saw the former as a convenient skill to pursue, but nearing the end of this degree, one begins to consider life after university...
Like many, my love of music was first cultivated through my love of performing. However, over time I realised that my true interests lie in studying music as an academic discipline. For me, the sheer beauty of music is its ability to communicate emotion...
After building a career in the music industry, albeit at grass roots level, it is now time for me to progress and take the next step on the ladder. This degree will offer me the chance to explore new areas of the industry, specifically composition, Film & TV and the gaming industry, whilst providing a sound base for a variety of job opportunities...
Five years ago, during the last night of the proms and there was a pivotal moment whilst watching the orchestra that changed me forever. Rapidly developing a love for music I realised that the influence exerted by history over music is profound...
My inspiration to study music first came from when my music teacher played passages from different periods of music. I was amazed at how diverse music could be and the range of emotions music could convey...
My interest in music was sparked at an early age, while coming across a biopic of a 50's rock star. The music had energy, feel, and beautiful melodies whilst still being tremendously simple. It instantly grabbed my imagination and from that moment on I was transfixed with music...
From an early age music has been more than a hobby to me. It is a serious passion. I understand the importance of developing my vocal techniques and skills but I also want to have an in-depth knowledge of music and the way in which it has evolved over the years...
An early introduction to music was something I welcomed enthusiastically, not only in primary school (recorder etc), but also outside school. Many of my family being musicians, I was very much brought up amidst musical surroundings...
Like sparkling prisms, contemporary artistic expressions have been significantly arising in multifaceted forms. In fact, we have been constantly under several simultaneous stimuli nowadays and as a result it seems our perception is increasingly getting used to this pattern...
My interest in music came at a fairly early age when I used to love listening to Radio 1 and Classic FM as a toddler but it wasn’t until, after watching my sister and aunty at dance festivals who had been in a number of music projects and performances with dancing schools for many years that I also became involved...
What really interests me about music is the process through which one takes the ‘notes on a page’ and forms their own musical meaning; the way an interpretation is influenced by so many different factors...
The practice of using technology to enhance music has been at the heart of the innovations that see the art constantly evolving; both practically and creatively the combination allows us to reach new markets and I see myself as being part of this...
Performing and teaching euphonium has been my dream since I was young. I had great fortunate to be the first euphonium major in Taiwan. This wonderful opportunity helped me to have a unique musical career as an undergraduate student because I gained professional experience teaching and performing domestically and internationally...
Growing up in a family of music lovers, I was accustomed from an early age to different genres ranging from progressive rock to jazz. It was classical music though that gave me the impetus to move on from being a passive listener to actually playing an instrument myself...
Music is an art which can captivate our emotions in a way nothing else can; it can inspire and help us convey thoughts and ideas through a unique medium. The study of how music affects culture and has been developed by history fascinates me...

Related resources

How To Apply To A Conservatoire

Discover how to apply to music conservatoires in the UK.

Find out more

Replying To UCAS Offers

Our guide explains how to make your firm and insurance UCAS choices.

Find out more

A Level Results Day

We help yout through A level results day with our in-depth guide.

Find out more

Clearing Guide

We explain how to secure a place at university this autumn with UCAS Clearing.

Find out more