- Further Education
- Gap Years
In this section
Choosing a University or College
Personal Statement Editing and Review Service
- Personal Statements
Personal Statements By Subject
Writing Your Personal Statement
Postgraduate Personal Statements
International Student Personal Statements
- US Universities
- Editing Services
Platinum Express Editing and Review Service
Gold Editing and Review Service
If you're considering applying for an apprenticeship, but not completely sure whether it will set you on the right career path or be the most suitable option for you, take a look at what some apprenticeship students have to say at City College Norwich.
"It is a great way to get into work, to build from the ground up and gives you a chance to earn while you learn"
– Declan Katra, Business Administration Apprentice, City College Norwich
"Allowed me to learn lifelong customer skills and be customer focused to help me progress in my career area"
– Matt Sayer, Customer Service Apprentice, City college Norwich
"Gives an insight into the world of work and what you can achieve. Allows opportunities to progress whilst gaining recognised qualifications"
– Emily Girling, Administration Apprentice, City College Norwich
"Great experience – has given me the skills I need for the future"
– Joshua Sowter, Business Administration Apprentice, City College Norwich
"Easy way to get into a job with supportive training from tutors"
– Steff Bennet, Business Administration apprenticeship, Miss Shoes
"Being employed as an apprentice has given me the skills and experience needed to achieve a well-recognised Business Administration qualification while earning a salary working as an administrator"
- Joshua Richmond, Business Administration Apprentice, City College Norwich
"My apprenticeship has been the best thing I’ve ever done; it has given me so many skills from increasing my confidence to improving my communication skills. I’d recommend doing an apprenticeship to anyone, the experience you gain is invaluable"
– Rosy Dive, Business Administration Apprentice, City College Norwich
"My apprenticeship allows me to work and learn simultaneously. It presents tasks and challenges you could never find in a classroom, building up the skills and experience necessary for my chosen career, with the help and support of others. It is one of the great parts of my apprenticeship"
– Amber Wood, Administration Apprentice, City College Norwich
"I have learnt lots of new information whilst working in a hands on environment"
– Sarah Eaton, Hairdressing Apprentice, AK Studio
"Helps builds confidence and experience"
– Bonnie Moore, Hairdressing Apprentice, Garner of Norwich
"Given me a good understanding of what work is about and the skills required"
– Daniel Olesen, Warehouse and storage Apprenticeship, Miss Shoes
"It has given me more stability in my career choice. Good mix of both on the job training and college"
– Jason Lambert, Electrical Apprenticeship, Alpha Electrical
"Has given me a chance to start out in my career, giving me the best opportunities”
– Oliver Seaman, Business Administration Apprenticeship
“Has made me more confident around people and has allowed me to progress in my career"
– Hollie Stimpson, Hairdressing Apprentice, First Impression
"My apprenticeship has given me the motivation to succeed and do well in the career path I have chosen"
– Lee Wise, Plumbing, engineering Apprenticeship, British gas
"An apprenticeship is valuable as you are working whilst learning, so gain a variety of skills in both a working environment and college"
– Luke Miles, Carpentering Apprentice, Paul Miles
"An Apprenticeship with City College Norwich helped get me into full time employment, in a job that I really enjoy"
– Karl Barwick, Administration Apprentice, WooCoo
"I love being an apprentice as it gives you the chance to be in a working environment as well as college. The best of both worlds!"
– Harry Corder, Commis Chef Apprentice, Strattons Hotel.
For more tips and advice on applying for apprenticeships, please see:
- What is an apprenticeship?
- Why take an apprenticeship?
- Choosing an apprenticeship
- Applying for an apprenticeship
- Apprenticeship interviews
- Apprenticeship wages
- 10 Reasons To Take An Apprenticeship
- 20 Unusual Apprenticeships You've Never Heard Of
- Engineering Apprenticeships: Applying To Build Your Future
- Higher Apprenticeship Guide
- Degree Apprenticeships