If you're considering applying for an apprenticeship, but not completely sure whether it will set you on the right career path or be the most suitable option for you, take a look at what some apprenticeship students have to say at City College Norwich.
"It is a great way to get into work, to build from the ground up and gives you a chance to earn while you learn"
– Declan Katra, Business Administration Apprentice, City College Norwich
"Allowed me to learn lifelong customer skills and be customer focused to help me progress in my career area"
– Matt Sayer, Customer Service Apprentice, City college Norwich
"Gives an insight into the world of work and what you can achieve. Allows opportunities to progress whilst gaining recognised qualifications"
– Emily Girling, Administration Apprentice, City College Norwich
"Great experience – has given me the skills I need for the future"
– Joshua Sowter, Business Administration Apprentice, City College Norwich
"Easy way to get into a job with supportive training from tutors"
– Steff Bennet, Business Administration apprenticeship, Miss Shoes
"Being employed as an apprentice has given me the skills and experience needed to achieve a well-recognised Business Administration qualification while earning a salary working as an administrator"
- Joshua Richmond, Business Administration Apprentice, City College Norwich
"My apprenticeship has been the best thing I’ve ever done; it has given me so many skills from increasing my confidence to improving my communication skills. I’d recommend doing an apprenticeship to anyone, the experience you gain is invaluable"
– Rosy Dive, Business Administration Apprentice, City College Norwich
"My apprenticeship allows me to work and learn simultaneously. It presents tasks and challenges you could never find in a classroom, building up the skills and experience necessary for my chosen career, with the help and support of others. It is one of the great parts of my apprenticeship"
– Amber Wood, Administration Apprentice, City College Norwich
"I have learnt lots of new information whilst working in a hands on environment"
– Sarah Eaton, Hairdressing Apprentice, AK Studio
"Helps builds confidence and experience"
– Bonnie Moore, Hairdressing Apprentice, Garner of Norwich
"Given me a good understanding of what work is about and the skills required"
– Daniel Olesen, Warehouse and storage Apprenticeship, Miss Shoes
"It has given me more stability in my career choice. Good mix of both on the job training and college"
– Jason Lambert, Electrical Apprenticeship, Alpha Electrical
"Has given me a chance to start out in my career, giving me the best opportunities”
– Oliver Seaman, Business Administration Apprenticeship
“Has made me more confident around people and has allowed me to progress in my career"
– Hollie Stimpson, Hairdressing Apprentice, First Impression
"My apprenticeship has given me the motivation to succeed and do well in the career path I have chosen"
– Lee Wise, Plumbing, engineering Apprenticeship, British gas
"An apprenticeship is valuable as you are working whilst learning, so gain a variety of skills in both a working environment and college"
– Luke Miles, Carpentering Apprentice, Paul Miles
"An Apprenticeship with City College Norwich helped get me into full time employment, in a job that I really enjoy"
– Karl Barwick, Administration Apprentice, WooCoo
"I love being an apprentice as it gives you the chance to be in a working environment as well as college. The best of both worlds!"
– Harry Corder, Commis Chef Apprentice, Strattons Hotel.
For more tips and advice on applying for apprenticeships, please see: