Personal Statement Editing Services
Professional Personal Statement Proofreading
Make a lasting impression with a great personal statement that clearly and concisely sets out your qualifications, experience, and personal attributes to university admission tutors. Submit a successful, error-free personal statement with our expert editors. Our highly trained team are here to help give your UCAS application that competitive edge, and ensure you have the best chance of securing a place at your chosen universities.
- Specialised editors for UCAS undergraduate applications
- Suitable for all home, EU and International students
- A selection of comprehensive editing and review packages to make your statement a success
- Specialist postgraduate editors
- Opportunity to purchase further reviews
- 4 day turnaround time
- Specialist Oxbridge editors
- A selection of 3 packages depending on level of help required
- Opportunity to upgrade
How do our personal statement editing services work?
Each one of our editing services provides a comprehensive review and edited version of your UCAS personal statement.
We’ll ask you to upload your personal statement along with other relevant information about your university application, and within 5 days, we’ll return your statement fully edited, along with a report detailing the improvements we’ve made.
What’s included in the personal statement editing process?
Each personal statement we receive is carefully reviewed against a list of criteria designed to ensure you present yourself to admissions tutors in the best possible light. From fixing single spelling mistakes to rewording whole sections, we will review, edit, and polish each line of your personal statement.
Your editor will apply the same techniques used to edit books, newspaper articles and printed publications to your personal statement, including:
- Correct any spelling and grammar issues
- Fix the misuse of punctuation and capitalisation
- Reword poorly structured sentences
- Prune unnecessary words and over-long sentences
- Ensure a consistent style and ‘voice’ is used throughout your statement
- Check paragraphs flow together cleanly, and the statement reads well overall.
Your editor will also focus on issues specific to writing UCAS personal statements:
- Show you how to write a memorable introduction
- Ensure all topics for discussion have been adequately covered
- Check the correct proportion of the statement has been dedicated to each topic
- Help you articulate your strengths and skills and help sell yourself to the reader
- Remove references to potential weaknesses or topics to avoid
- Help you round off your statement with a solid conclusion.
What do we include with your personal statement order?
Once we’ve finished editing your personal statement, you’ll be emailed the completed statement along with a report detailing what changes we’ve made to your statement and why.
Your report will contain the following sections to help you fully understand all our changes:
- A detailed review of your existing personal statement
- A summary of your strengths and weaknesses
- A list of the improvements we’ve made and the reasons for doing so
- Recommendations for other areas which could be improved.
Click the button below to download a review and editing report completed on a customer's personal statement:
What guarantees are included in my personal statement order?
All our services include a complete editing and review package as detailed above. For additional piece of mind we also offer the following guarantees:
- Experienced editors: All our editors are native English speakers holding at least a 2:1 degree classification and based in the UK.
- Confidential service: Your personal statement can only be accessed by our team of editors and is not made available to UCAS, universities or any other organisations.
- Plagiarism free: All changes to your personal statement will be written directly by your editor. We never copy from other personal statements, essays, or any other sources.
What do our customers say?
“I was very glad to find this service and it really makes me feel much more confident about my application”
Elvina, Computer Science, St. Andrews University
“Nick has been very helpful and his reviews had made me realise where I went wrong. He returned my personal statement with his comments at the exact time he said he would which meant I had time to work on it before I sent it off.”
Smriti, Chemistry, University College London
Where can I find out more?
If you have any questions before ordering, please don’t hesitate to ask. You can email us at email@example.com and we’ll respond to your questions as quickly as possible.
Even if you decide not to order from us, please look around the rest of the site. We have plenty of free information on writing a personal statement and over 2000 example statements to use for ideas - scroll back up to the site navigation to see everything we have to offer.
Wishing you the best of luck with your personal statement,
Tom, Naomi and the rest of the team at Studential.