Film Personal Statement Examples

I want to go to university because I want to further my education and knowledge in the subjects I enjoy the most. I have thoroughly enjoyed my BTEC Media course, mainly the film components and all opportunities including the extended writing pieces such as scripts and evaluations...
Books and films mediate and inform our lives. It seems to me that stories are the chief means by which we make sense of that within us and around us. Stories are assemblies of text; texts permeate everything...
Since I am a relatively young person living in a media orientated part of the world, film and television have been and continue to be hugely influential in just about every area of my life. For example growing up, my sense of humour was shaped by Jim Carey movies and joey from 'friends', I was unable to sleep properly between the ages of 9 and 14 because of those awful teen horror films that were popular back then and probably the biggest influence film has had on me was when I was around 16 years old I began acting out a lot of my life instead of being present and actually living in the moment...
A crowded and cluttered living room in a low-income townhouse. Stansfield bends over to see Leon lying in his own pool of imaginary blood that soaks into the already stained carpet. Leon uses his last ounce of strength to lift his clenched fist up to Stansfield...
Without film, my ideas will come to nothing. Nothing is not enough. I want to aim to be the best. My choice of a degree in Film and television is to enhance my technological skills, to learn at the highest level, to exercise my creativity...
My childhood was like gypsies as my father was in railway department and was often transferred to far off places. Since my child hood I loved their lifestyle and I always fancied them. I had this desire in me to record each and everything they do...
"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up" Pablo Picasso 1881-1973 I often get confused, angry, happy, sad, amazed, overwhelmed, shocked, lost for words, goose bumps and even the hairs on the back of my neck stand up from time to time! These are just some of the emotions and feelings I have experienced because of Film, Music and Art!!! Not just a passion for me but a way of life, why anybody wouldn't want to work in this amazing world confuses me...
I believe that my greatest strength is my vivid imagination. From a young age I have been fortunate enough to be able to create new worlds and characters for stories. .I have been inspired by Jasper Fforde's style of wit and wordplay in the “Literary Detective” and “Nursery Crime” series of books...
Who wouldn't want to spend a couple of hours getting jinxed by Harry Potter, shot by Tony Montana, rescued by Forrest Gump or unplugged from the Matrix by Morpheus? Well, this is exactly what a cinematic experience offers you...
I want to direct films. Directors have complete control over what is projected on the screen and, with this ability; they can hold the audience's attention. I want to be able to use my imagination to do just that...
I discovered my interest in Film and Media when I fist had Media as a subject: that one lesson weekly made me feel I was studying something that has a direct impact on my life. It was somewhat like discovering little secrets of both the media industry and filmmaking, which most people in this media-orientated world do not even realise...
Films are an insight into the human imagination, and offer the chance to inhabit worlds that would otherwise never exist. Whilst much the same is true of literature, the addition of a visual element only solidifies the immersive nature of storytelling...
If I could choose one medium to use as a universal form of communication, one with the power to provoke and unite, I would choose Film. It’s the way they portray emotion and subtly address big issues captured so effectively and vividly yet also provide the entertainment and the excitement that we so greatly desire that I find infinitely fascinating...
The choice of course I am choosing is Film and TV Production, I want to take this course because I find the behind the scenes of films and TV are amazing as I found this out when filming a short film and also filming for Waterloo Road...
From reading my first Roald Dahl book, peppered with magic and mischief, to writing my first short story, I have always known that my drive and passion for English was destined to be more than a hobby...
Film is a vehicle to express one’s ideologies, philosophies, and politics. It can evoke emotion, thought and fear. Film is a way for an artist to channel their internal need to communicate a message or try to collapse ever-shifting boundaries within the industry...
“You shouldn’t dream your film, you should make it” - A famous quote by Steven Spielberg and a quote that I strongly agree with. I have enjoyed this BTEC Media Diploma course so much because I believe film gives everyone the ability to become imaginative which is a valuable skill in life; it can also be very influential to a lot of people and can change people’s opinions...
Storytelling is the most powerful form of communication there is. It makes us laugh and cry, changes our views of the world, shapes our personalities and defines us as humans. Because I believe that no form of storytelling is as powerful as film, I want to be part of the film industry...
The idea of being able to create entertainment or capture the world's issues through a camera lens has always intrigued me. I chose to focus on film studies at A-level because the course promised to be provoking and interesting...
I’ve always enjoyed all kinds of media, how could I not when the world around me is shaped and changed by it everyday? We connect everyday through the power of social media, Television is used by the average UK citizen for 3 hours and 51 minutes a day and developments in production technology allows anyone to be able to express themselves through the medium of film...
The reason as to why I would like to study film is because the way it has influenced trends, social movements and internet culture is very intriguing. My love for film has stemmed from photography and this is because I like to see film as photography in motion...
One evening, while I was watching Alice through the looking glass at the cinema, I became aware that, even though we were viewing the same film, each of us was perceiving the images in a different way...
lf a person had not seen a movie at a determined moment, perhaps that person would not be who they are today. And that is something really extraordinary. Finding the perfect balance between a good story, a skillful handling of technology and impeccable photography is a challenge...

Related resources

University Open Day Tips

Read our top tips on getting the most out of each open day you attend.

Find out more

6 Personal Statement Writing Tips

Check out our 6 top tips for making your personal statement shine.

Find out more

Choosing Student Accommodation

Our guide will help you choose the right student accommodation for your needs.

Find out more

Waiting For University Offers

Waiting for uni offers can be a stressful experience but it doesn’t have to be. We explain why.

Find out more