Film And TV Production Personal Statement Example 1

The choice of course I am choosing is Film and TV Production, I want to take this course because I find the behind the scenes of films and TV are amazing as I found this out when filming a short film and also filming for Waterloo Road. The specific parts in this course that interest me are filming behind the scenes and getting an insight of all the equipment used to film such a spectacular piece of drama. My A level courses link amazingly well with this course because they conclude of A level Media Studies and BTEC Performing Arts, these subjects are the perfect combination because in performing arts we use media, they link together because you have to explain the theory behind the practical on stage. I hope that with taking this course it can lead to a career in Film and TV Production as in working behind the scenes on projects to go on the screens of your television.

My work experience was working at a car garage, now I know this has nothing to do with media but in theory it does because, it helped me to gain independence by doing jobs on cars on my own and even sometimes I had to think quick to fix a situation, I also had to learn, and work with other people simply because of the business and it’s the same for the media business you need to work with people and communicate and this helped me gain that, this work experience helped me out when I knew that media was the career for me and looking back all the things I learnt there helped me to this day.

I have also gained loads of experience in school and sixth form by helping out at open evenings for lower school, I stayed behind at open evenings with the department staff to give younger students a students point of view of the course. Also I help out in the media and drama department by putting together a number of performances to show the younger students what the departments about. I have also helped in lower school drama class’s to give them an insight of my knowledge towards there own performance.

Outside of school I have an interesting life as I do a lot of acting on stage and also on film, I have previously worked on a feature film which was successful at Cannes film festival and also I do extra work for waterloo road and shameless which are all big hits on television, I have also done theatre work for Jacqueline Chadwick a former actress on emmerdale (Tina Dingle). I like to play football 5 a side in my spare time with friends, I like to listen to music such as Kings Of Leon. I also like to watch a lot of comedies.

My sports consist of rugby league and football, I play football a lot of the time with friends inside and outside of school, I play football at a 5 a side arena for an informal league. I like watching rugby league as I support St.Helens, I like to go and watch them play when im free aswell. . In the summer I was a team captain for the lower school on sports day were as a team we came second overall.

To conclude everything I have said, is I want a prospecting career in Film and TV Production I think I will fit in with the industry because I have had experience in film and TV. I have always had an interest in how they create a film or TV show, and to get the chance to do that would be unbelievable, I think I am the right candidate for this course and university.

This personal statement was written by DanHallwood1992 for application in 2011.

This is all lier

you are a lier you would be like tom hanks if you did all this.

none of you can spell

none of you can spell

Informal

Seems very informal and unorganized. Points should be more developed and truthful...

GVTkuooHeu

Say, you got a nice blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Really Great.