Share this page StumbleUpon Twitter RSS Facebook

Dentistry Personal Statements

Dentistry personal statement
I am fascinated with dentistry because I love to network and build computers. If I spoke these words aloud, many people would scratch their heads and appear confused. At first glance, this statement appears absurd...

Dentistry Personal Statement
Personal Statement I have always wanted to be a dentist since I was little this is why I chose to do my GCSE work experience at a single handed dental practice for two weeks to experience what life as a dentist would entail Whilst at the practice I observed how a single handed NHS surgery runs and saw how the dentist interacts with the patients...

Dentistry Personal Statement
From a very early age dentistry has always had a strong impact on me, both in terms of being mentally challenging and also as a 'hand-on ' profession. This has now become even more so due to my older sister currently working as a general dental practitioner having graduated from Cardiff University I have always enjoyed helping and caring for others and also have for the last six years been caring for our elderly 85 year old neighbor This apportunity has helped me to realize the great satisfaction that could be achieved whilst working within the caring profession Due to my very keen interest in dentistry I specifically chose to study Biology and Chemistry at advanced level...

Dentistry Personal Statement
I became interested in dentistry because I have always wanted to be involved in a profession where I am helping people and I am very interested in the human biology. I want to study dentistry over the obvious choice of medicine because as a doctor you are constantly passing a patient along a chain of other doctors, whereas a dentist can treat a patient straight after diagnosing a problem...

Dentistry Personal Statement
My initial exposure to taking dentistry as a prospective career path came on a family holiday to India, where I resided with my cousin who is a self-employed practising dentist. Here I learnt the real extent to which dentistry is a career, which can truly improve the quality of people's lives...

Dentistry Personal Statement
I am very committed to follow the career path to become a dentist. I have been inspired by an Aunt who is a dentist and has made me realise that it is a demanding occupation however this has done little to sway my enthusiasm...

Dietetics Personal Statement
I am applying for this course because I am very interested in becoming a dietitian. I have been interested in this career for a number of years. I enjoy chemistry and food related subjects and I am interested in working for the health service...

Dentistry personal statement
Due to my compassionate nature and love for the sciences I have since long known that I would be best suited to a career in healthcare. Dentistry stood out from other fields of work because it had the additional aspect of intricate manual work, something which I want to be a feature of my everyday job...

Dentistry Personal Statement
Raised by a specialist ENT doctor, I always had a predisposed idea as to the type of profession I would pursue. Observing my father at work and witnessing the close relationships he created with his patients while diagnosing and reassuring them, has influenced my decision to read dentistry in university...

Dentistry personal statement
From a very early age, I have always wanted to be a healthcare professional because of my love of science and caring nature. I attended a medical school successfully completed my second year of study. I shared my accommodation with dentistry students and I began questioning whether I had made the right choice...

Dentistry personal statement (int'l student)
I have always felt that we, as humans, have an inborn desire to want to help others. Having been raised amongst doctors, this passion has blossomed into a responsibility I am beginning to understand, through my choice of studies and extra curricula...

Dentistry Personal Statement
My interest in Dentistry initially arose from my own experiences with Dentists. When I was younger, I suffered from cyclic neutropenia which led to many dental problems, and was always grateful to my dentist and dental hygienist for all their help...

There are no comments for this page.

teacher's advice on personal statement by guest at 16:49 17/07/2012

This is the best advice I have read so far on writing the personal statement. It is clear and makes sense - very helpful. Thank you!

Comment by guest at 14:46 22/08/2012

Some of this is a bit harsh though, don't you think? 'If you sink to that level, you don't deserve to go to university.' And some points I would never do, like changing 'during my week of work experience' into 'in my work experience'... it sounds lazy. Just my opinion though...

unhelpful by guest at 10:47 27/08/2012

his has to be the most unhelpful advice I have found yet. It is badly written and contains many inacuracies!

this teacher has to be anonymous by guest at 18:35 3/09/2012

because he/she has no empathy... I know so many who are great at writing personal statements and got into great school and also did well on exams, but all they did when they are not in school is excessive amount of alcohol and sex. You can say someone's personal statement isn't well written but don't judge who deserves to go to an university or not. You cannot possibly know the person who wrote the statement that well. It's only marketing and good products can have bad marketing while bad products can have great marketing.

Comment by guest at 10:45 3/10/2012

You didn't think to proof-read before publishing harsh criticism of student grammar...? I also enjoyed the sections titled 'Amateurishness' and 'Cut pomposity'. How poignant.

Oh dear by guest at 16:13 22/10/2012

This is terribly written and unclear. And whilst it does include some helpful advice, the majority is self-contradictory. Got very frustrated while reading this - hope this man has no say in admissions.

Comment by guest at 06:37 11/12/2012

This is brilliant. I laughed so hard.

Comment by guest at 08:47 9/03/2013

just spent so much time reading this n was preparring to make alterations to my PS but when i read the comments below, i got stuck. i came here for some clarity but now, im confused & annoyed!

Make your mind up! by guest at 12:15 10/07/2013

In one section you advise against saying you're good at something, then further down state that there's nothing wrong with doing so. Confusing for students, particularly as you offer very few suggestions as to what they should include!

Comment by guest at 15:30 8/11/2013

unbelievably helpful. thank you so much

Comment by guest at 00:46 15/11/2013

I feel like there are some interesting and helpful comments on here but unfortunately their value is decreased by how bitter and rude this is. Students writing a personal statement are worried enough without bitter comments. I understand that students need to know the truth but I feel like this has been written in too harsh a tone to be taken seriously.

Comment by guest at 10:17 15/11/2013

I love it. Want more.