Veterinary Science University Interview Questions
There are many different questions you may be asked at your nursing university interview, so we've provided a comprehensive list of those commonly asked by nursing admissions tutors at UK universities.
As well as the example questions below, you can find further help in our University Interviews Guide.
Background & motivation
- Tell us about yourself.
- Talk us through your personal statement.
- Why do you want to become a Vet?
- What have you done to prepare yourself for a career in Veterinary Science?
- What strengths do you have that will help you deal with all the work involved?
- Why do you want to be a vet, rather than a nurse or doctor?
- What interests you most about Veterinary Science and why?
- What are you looking forward to most about becoming a Vet?
- What contribution do you hope to make to the field?
- How do you think being a vet differs from other health professions?
- If you were to become a vet, how would you like your people to describe you and why?
- How do you know whether you really do want to become a Vet?
- Do you have any life experiences that you think may help your career in Veterinary Science?
- What skills do you have to become a Vet?
- What qualities do you think make a good Vet?
- Discuss a time when you had to convey an important message to someone - describe how you did this and what the end result was.
- How do you cope with stress?
- How do you manage your time?
- What do you know about the Veterinary Medicines Directorate?
- What is the role of a Vet?
- What is the most demanding aspect of the study programme, and how would you overcome this?
- What can you tell me about the RCVS Code of Professional Conduct?
- If you had £1 million to spend on veterinary care, what would you spend it on and why?
- What are the different types of Veterinarians?
- What do you know about current Veterinary issues in the media?
- What challenges affect Vets in the UK?
- What might a typical day involve for a Vet?
Teamwork & communication
- What is teamwork and why is it important in Veterinary Science?
- Why is communication vital in Nursing?
- Give us an example of when you worked as part of a team?
- Can you think of a team situation where your communication skills have been essential? Tell us more about the situation and how you contributed.
- Tell us about a group activity you have organised. What went well and what went badly? What did you learn from it?
- What have you learned about yourself and successful team-working?
- Who do you think will be the most important people you will work with as a vet?
- Describe a time when you had to lead a team of people?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of being in a team? Do you believe teams need leaders?
- Do you think humour can help a team? Give an example.
Career plans & your future
- Do you have any career aspirations?
- How will university benefit your future?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years' time?
- If you had to take a gap year, what would you do?
1) Why did you choose to apply to this university?
2) Why do you want to become a Vet?
3) What qualities do you think you need to be a Vet?
4) What work experience do you have in Veterinary Science and what did you learn from it?
5) Where would you like to work after you've graduated?
6) What are the weaknesses of the Veterinary profession?
7) What are your views on animal testing?