Psychology Personal Statement Example 50

My whole life can be defined from one psychology term to another. For most of my life I’ve had a turbulent upbringing. My father lives in Southern Ireland as he and my mother separated when I was 3. And I was bought up as an only child in a dysfunctional single parent household.

I was neglected to an extent and was emotionally repressed throughout my teenage years. I spent time in foster care which was a very different atmosphere to the one I had experience my whole life.

And in the few years I spent in a foster home I worked on building my life to a standard where I was in control of myself emotionally and I could pursue gaining an education.

I feel that my drive for self improvement is a beneficial asset within my education and that helps me to focus on what I want to accomplish. I am realistic about the challenges that come with gaining a degree but I feel that my personal experiences give me a determination to succeed and have made me ready to deal with stressful situations.

I am not naïve to the amount of work that is involved in gaining a degree and I feel that I am ready to undertake the work and put the effort in to better myself.

Psychology is my subject of choice, whilst studying it at a level I realised that it is a discipline that I can really learn from. I am fascinated by it’s theories and I can relate my life to so many of them.

I don’t just understand this subject educationally but I feel connected to it emotionally and now I want to take that further, to become intimate with the discipline and to make a career out of that.

Psychology is something that I can see myself spending the rest of my life working in, I have spent many years building a good and stable life for myself and now I want to take that further and really accomplish something that years ago I thought would never be possible, and I believe that psychology is the right choice for me and the right path to take as I enter the next stage of my life.

This personal statement was written by Jade17 for application in 2010.

Jade17's Comments

My personal statement for applying to university

u repeat urself a few times (

u repeat urself a few times ( ..and now I want to take that further..)its also too short. and u barely spoke about ur skills,accomplishments and hobbies.

wjadCaNBQi

Very neat article post.Much thanks again. Really Cool.

it has spelling mistakes, and

it has spelling mistakes, and admission tutors do not look positively about people who whine about their life, and try to make themselves the victims. You give the impression of having a nervous breakdown half way through the course. Not a good impression.

yRdXxSOFdO

Major thankies for the article post.Really thank you! Keep writing.