Media Personal Statement Example 1

From studying for my GCSE’s it has always been an ambition of mine to go to university to study a course that I love and believe in. I have looked into all areas that had taken an interest to me. I have a creative flare and enjoy all things that involve digital design through the web and applications ever since early secondary school.

Working part-time on a weekend in retail has taught me many skills. These include teamwork, communication and working to defined time scales.

Through retail, I have developed my skills in listening and responding with product combinations specifically for a customer’s needs – a skill that helps build my design proposals and briefs. It is also a skill I hope to bring with me through my studies.

I run a media and web based business, which has developed my skills in the media industry, especially the processes that are involved in designing and implementing a customer’s order.

This has enabled me to communicate more professionally with my clients. I have dealt with a variety of clients. I have produced a website for a local charity. I am working on a business website, which has had an investment back from Dragons Den.

During my school work experience, I went to find out about local politics by working with the Gloucestershire Conservative Party. I worked in the admin office and did a two day stop at my Local City Council, I shadowed our City Council Leader for those two days.

Also during my time there I helped during a local by-election which involved marketing and designing leaflets. Also Baroness Warsi, made a visit in which I was asked to produce the tickets and invites for.

In college, I have learnt to adapt well to different types of design. I have studied two digital graphics units and also an animation unit. I have really enjoyed the graphics unit with achieving distinctions with my creativity and flare. But I have studied film and media whilst being in the college business.

It has made a huge impact to me but I know what would be best suited for me. With some modules being about the industries, graphic and animation design. I enjoy what I do in college, but with my creative mind, I wish to branch into that area more.

Also in college I have taken on the role of a Learner Voice Rep for the Academic Studies area, whilst I am in the computing department. I am very committed to conveying the views to the head of schools and the cross college meetings. This is where we discuss the student’s views and solutions to what they want. I am also involved in the in-house college design agency, where I have worked with clients in which include some graphics and some film based.

Outside of college, I am an enthusiastic table tennis player, in which I play in my local league. I am also the area chairman for Conservative Future.

I use the most up to date software Adobe Suites and 3D rendering software. I have also used equipment that can benefit me in my studies form video cameras to SLR cameras, even tablets. I use cross platforms varying from MacOSX, Microsoft Windows and Linux.

I am also currently the Project Manager for my team of people where we are entering in a competition with the Rotary Club. In which we review their websites and make recommendations of improvement. This is in which I deal with the clients and produce professional and accurate documents. Whilst communicating either via email, face-to-face or telephone.

University will teach me so many new ideas and techniques that I can improve and thrive in. I have so much enthusiasm, in which I believe I could bring to the course.

With my passion and my experience I believe I could succeed in this course I have applied for. I have always been committed to all my work that I produce, I take time and care with planning the briefs and final designs and making it live. Whether at college or work it is a priority.

Aiming for that end result is what motivates me; this gives me determination to succeed.

This personal statement was written by ashley9210 for application in 2012.

ashley9210's university choices
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Portsmouth
University of Brighton
University of Sunderland
University of Portsmouth

Statement rating:*****