Social Work Personal Statement Example 22

I am applying for the course BA (Hons) Social Work in your university as this would help me progress further into my career opportunities to become a qualified social worker.

Teenagers are being exposed to gang criminal activity which hinders their life expectancy, and it is vital that social workers are put in place to improve the quality of the individual's life as well as to reduce the chances of them being exploited again.

I have extensive knowledge in social care as I have worked as a part time supervisor in a children's nursery. My responsibilities within the nursery was to help and provide personal and emotional care and to assist the development of the children.

These children were mostly between 3 to 5 years of age and having to plan activities and children's observation for their development has helped me to gather many skills such as effective communication skills with the children and their parents as well as having organisational skills within the work setting.

I have studied BTEC Level 3 Health & Social Care, in which I have achieved a substantial grade of D*D*D. I am a highly motivated individual with a passion to succeed at any cost. I always meet demands on time and have always bounced back from failed tasks at hand. During my course I have learnt many key areas of social work such as person-centred care, cognitive behavioural therapy and important counselling sessions that are important and useful within social work.

Through my knowledge of many theories, one of which including the psychodynamic theory enables me to understand certain human patterns in behaviour. I understand that through a person's childhood experiences, this can shape their outward experiences in life.

When this is understood during a one to one session with a service user, I can acknowledge their issues they are facing by going deeper into their childhood experiences so this will help me to understand the person even better to develop the professional working relationship.

Upon graduation I can support charities such as NSPCC and this would mean a lot to my personal life as I would be making a massive contribution to society as helping children in need is something I would feel a vast amount of passion for.

I believe I have a strong onset of skills that would provide me the upmost benefit in academically succeeding at London South Bank University. These skills consist of critical analysis, excellent reading and writing skills, and discussion ethos which will allow me to discuss the work with fellow colleagues with ease, making group work such as presentations effective for me and others to work in.

My effective listening skills allow me to take notes with accuracy which is useful for discussion in seminars and writing up coursework. This trait can also be vital in the working field as writing detailed notes about a service user such as positive or negative changes allows to see where the person is going with their life so I can assist them with the changes they are facing.

I hope to be a candidate soon in your university, as I do look forward towards a hopeful future and career.

Hello, I have just received an interview from London South Bank University, and this was the personal statement I have put forward. I hope this helps you and gives you inspiration to make your own. You're welcome :-)

- Ismaeel