Pharmacy Personal Statement Example 12

I am interested in studying chemistry and biology because I would like a career that plays crucial role in public’s health.

Pharmacy degree will provide me the opportunity to work with patients and help them with their illnesses and queries. I am keen to expand my knowledge about drugs e.g. the mechanism of acting of drugs at molecular level.

The biggest reason for choosing this course is that I want to use my knowledge to discover new cures for diseases such as leukaemia.

I’m currently studying biomedical sciences and the subjects provide a suitable pathway to study pharmacy. My current course also covers the essential ICT and maths units.

Mathematics skills are very important for measurement of masses in chemical reaction, atom economy and to provide correct amount of dosages. I am also getting the good presentation and essay writing skills through this course. Presentation skill will help me to communicate with patients confidently and essay skill will help to write reports.

In chemistry, I have done a lot of experiments that helped me gain good analytical and evaluative skills such as making standard solutions, titrations, percentage yield and purity.

I find the nature of matter module most interesting because I enjoy learning about elements such as how they form bonds. I also enjoy using formulas in chemistry for example to find out concentration and number of moles in solutions.

While doing experiments, I understand that area of work and equipment’s shouldn’t be contaminated, similarly working at industrial scale this should be kept in mind as contamination effects the quality of medicines. In biology I like observing cells underneath microscope.

From my current course, I´m learning about human physiology, anatomy and stem cells, this body of knowledge can be used in preparation to study pharmacy. I also enjoy learning about nervous system and diseases related to dysfunction of the nervous system.

I was previously working as a retail assistant and the experience has led me to deal and understand different kind of people. I learnt to keep myself calm, whilst working under pressure environments.

This job has also taught me to work in a fast-paced environment to meet the customer`s demands. This skill will be useful to meet the deadlines while doing my course and working as a pharmacist will enable me to provide good customer services.

I took part in a charity activity with my group in college and we manage to make a profit, throughout this I develop the skills to interact with people more confidently and I learnt leadership skills. I also have good organisational and time management skills as now I am working part time alongside my studies.

I manage my time in a way that I meet the deadlines to submit my work. This skill will help me in this course to meet my targets alongside managing my financial matters. Furthermore, as I am working in a big store there is a pharmacy in the store, sometimes I get a chance to observe the pharmacist role in the pharmacy. Through

This I am learning that you need problem solving skills such as calculate the right amount dosage needed for the patient and you should always help the patient as much as you can.

I am also getting the good presentation and essay writing skills through this course. Presentation skill will help me to communicate with patients confidently and essay skill will help to write reports.

I feel my life experience has make me determined to succeed in my goal of becoming a professional pharmacist by hard work and self believe. Therefore, I believe I will be an asset to university because I will put my all efforts to do well in course.