Business Management Personal Statement Example 15

Growing up in India, I was aware of the huge gap between the rich and the poor. Since childhood, I have wanted to do my part to bridge this gap and decided to pursue business as a means to bring about a positive change. I want to study finance since it involves studying money, banking, credit, assets, and liabilities that make up a financial system.

It requires a great deal of focus and commitment to study finance, and I chose class 12 subjects to develop the skills I believe are necessary to delve deeply into the subject. Math has developed my analytical abilities and problem-solving skills. Additionally, I completed an online course from the University of Pennsylvania, Introduction to Marketing, which furthered my interest in the field.

To stay informed about the latest developments in finance, I read newspapers and finance magazines regularly. In addition to extensive research, I drew on my prior finance knowledge to create a school project on the economic condition of India, which was well received by my peers and teachers. I can spend hours reading finance books and debating the concepts with my mentors and teachers.

Among my favourite books are the Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki (about how to use resources and people in the most efficient way to create wealth) and The Everything Store by Brad Stone (about how Jeff Bezos created an empire like Amazon, but what stuck in my mind was “…it’s harder to be kind than clever.”).

Sports are my passion and I believe healthy competition keeps you challenged, so I actively engage in all school sports activities. I am a player of the school's badminton team, and we consistently win against teams from other schools in the vicinity. By volunteering, I strive to contribute to society in my small way, such as donating old clothes to the needy, educating the younger generation that comes from underprivileged backgrounds about money, and promoting awareness of hygiene among street hawkers during my internship with an NGO, Umeed. I am also an environmental activist who often plants trees.

At my school, I often organize and participate in public speaking events such as debates and extempore. In class X, I participated in a debate on "Is money everything"; I disagreed with the statement because I believe money is a tool to "do good" and create a positive impact on people's lives. This event cemented my decision to pursue Bachelors in Business Management. I chose the UK as it is one of the best destinations in the world that provides quality education while providing international students with a culturally diverse environment.

To gain specialisation in this field, I hope to study for an MBA in finance after completing my undergraduate studies. I hope to apply the knowledge I will acquire in this course to my family's business to help bridge the gap between the rich and the poor in my country

please give it a read.