Business Management Personal Statement Example 10

Management principles are imperative to the operation of businesses. Concepts such as financial accounting, supply-side management and marketing are few of the essential elements in order to regulate potent and efficient organisations across ever-growing industries. My passion for studying Business Management first derived from my work experience at a local accountancy firm for which comprised of preparing VAT cashbooks and reconciliations on bank accounts, all of which are significant across business management. By conversing with the owner of the firm, I learnt the fundamentals of the managerial profession within the business environment which incentivised me to further pursue this.

Reading into news topics concerning corporate giants has also sparked my attention, for example, Apple’s competitive management style abandons the use of hierarchical structures which therefore allows innovative products to seamlessly advance into the market, ultimately avoiding the required approval from a plethora of committees. My interest has been further exercised through completing my Business Studies GCSE course and my current A-Level’s.

Studying Economics at A-Level entails highly analytical and strategic approaches to the behaviours and rationale of firms, consumers, markets and whole economies, and has allowed me to develop critical skills for which are vital to study such a diverse curriculum. Economic theory underlies the essential achievement of business objectives, for example, the concept of a divorce of ownership from control allocates insight into how effective management within a firm is, and the extent to which this exerts an important role to attain objectives such as profit- and market share-maximisation. Having observed macroeconomic changes authored by recent events, for example, the EU referendum and US election, I have been intrigued by corporate responses to the sudden changes in the economic climate and wish to emphasise on this criterion.

A-Level Psychology has also amplified my interest into the aspects of business management. I have studied human influences on productivity, which can wield dominant effects, through studying motivational theories such as Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs - motivation is a key element to incur a productive labour force. Furthermore, by studying key research methods across a range of empirical research including statistical tests such as Wilcoxon T and Mann-Whitney U, I am able to provide analytical arguments to a high degree with quantitative support to aid my critique. A-Level Sociology has equipped me with a similar skillset whereby I am tasked with commenting on competing arguments from various theories such as Marxism and Feminism. I believe the skills I have developed are invaluable, and leave me well equipped to further my studies.

Outside of my academic life, my hobbies include going to the gym, playing football, and keeping updated with current business and economic affairs across the news. I am currently employed part-time at McDonalds as a Crew Trainer, a recent promotion that involves managing employees and delegating responsibilities to ensure the efficient operation of the business which generates extensive amounts of revenue each day. I am soon to take the role of Shift Management, a promotion for which the training is internationally recognised and holds a vast range of responsibilities necessary for the business such as maintaining a labour force that does not contest sales revenue. My job compensates for practical experience across a managerial role and has enabled me to adapt under demanding situations by working contently and effectively during periods of high customer flow.

I consider myself to be conscientious and heavily-driven to succeed. I am eager to excel within my studies into Business Management by learning of organisational and managerial principles across the global business environment, whilst acquiring transferable skills opportune for future employment.