Adult Nursing Personal Statement Example 15

As soon as I had finished my GCSE’s I had no particulare career pathway but I decided to get into health and social care.

I was always a patient and caring person but during my BTEC first diploma in health and social care course at MCAST in Malta I had further developed these skills and learned how to deal with children and the elderly.

I can deal and talk to an individual in a loving manner and be calm under stressful situations .Due to my patience I can also cater to the needs to multiple service users accordingly and treat each and everyone as a unique person.

After realising I had these skills and could further develop them I decided to carry on my course an am currently on my second year in the BTEC National Diploma in health and social care(care).

During my time in this couse I have worked with more people each with their own needs such as homeless people, drug addicts and people with disabilities.

However in one particulare work placement I had which was at an elderly home, an eldery had a small strokean I was unable to handle her as I was only specialised in social care.I called for the nurse and as soon as I saw how she handeled the situation I realized that simply taking a social approach on individuals is not enough, a medical approach is also needed in certain situations.

After this experience I started to also take an interest in biology which I already had some knowledge of in my previous course.

Now with my studies I able to detect if a person has a heart attack and what to do in these situations, if a service user has this experience I would still call the nurse or doctor however at least I know what my role in that situation is.

I would like to apply for this course in adult nursing because I want to change my role in such instances and want to be the one to help the person not only socially but medically as I believe that these two approaches have to go hand in hand when dealing with vulnerable people.

I think I am suitable for this course because I am patient,able to keep calm under stressful situations and know how to talk to people and cheer them up.

I am also creative as I had also studied art and this in turn had helped me make activities for clients according to their needs, one such instance was when I had organised an activity in which a group of clients who where on wheelchairs tossed a ball amongst themselves to work their upper body.

This personal statement was written by ter3340 for application in 2011.

ter3340's Comments

this is the current statement I have wrote and wish to see what you think about it thanks.

JnlMGzYl

I cannot thank you enough for the blog article.Much thanks again. Will read on...

This is littered with

This is littered with spelling and grammatical mistakes.

How successful were you with it?