Adult Nursing Personal Statement Example 5

I am so very proud to be able to share aspects of my life that are not apparent from my academic record.

After being encouraged to pursue my degree by both friends and family, I found that going back to school is a character-defining time in my life, causing me to face many challenges such as financial hardship and manage responsibilities associated with family and school.

Being raised in a large family of nurses and allied health professionals, for a long time, I felt out of place because I did not want to go into the medical field.

However, I started working at a local hospital out of necessity and after a length of time I realised how appropriate my background made me for nursing. I already knew a lot of medical terminology, basic anatomy and physiology, and was learning more about lab work and medications at my workplace.

I also was granted the blessing of being was able to work with some exceptional nurses that really cared for and about their patients; Nurses that would do everything in their power to make a patient feel better emotionally and physically. That is what I hope to be able to do: provide extraordinary care everyday.

Maybe someday I can be an inspiration to others to strive for a higher level of care just as those I look up to were for me.

By now one may deduct that I plan on majoring in nursing. This career path will be a challenging one, I have no doubt, but I intend to push through and be rewarded for my hard work.

I am very interested in the care of women and children. Having worked on a labor and delivery ward and in both a full-term nursery and an intensive care nursery, I know that it can be stressful and emotional, but the rewards are also high. Seeing a loving family taking a healthy infant home will be a triumph!

I have had to overcome adversity to get this far into my academic career, and am sure to face even more the farther along I go.

Financially, I have been challenged because working outside the home was too much to do on top of taking care of my children and the housework, assisting with the care of my elderly grandfather, and keeping decent grades.

Therefore, our family's income was cut in half. Then my husband lost his job. After searching for a new job in Northwest Arkansas for two months, he got an out-of-state job that keeps him, five days a week, 300 miles away that barely pays our car payment and a few other payments.

My parents remodeled their garage into a two bedroom apartment for us. They have allowed us to move in to save us the expense of rent and utilities of our own place. We try to put money towards bills when we can, but it still has put a large cramp on their budget. All of this to help me get through school.

Such a busy schedule does not allow for much community service, but I do get to participate in our church choir for special events and holidays. Singing for me is a stress-buster.

My 87-year old grandfather lives with my parents also, and I help take him to monthly appointments at the Veteran's Hospital in Fayetteville. I have many events to attend at my oldest daughter's elementary school, too.

I have been invited to join Gamma Beta Phi, and earned a place on the Dean's list. These achievements make my mother especially proud.

She attended college when I was in junior high, and received these honors as well. I am also a member of the Arkansas Student Nurse Association. This organisation helps me to keep on task with my career goals and up-to-date on current nursing news.

Statement rating:****

Too much information about

Too much information about your personal life. You also give the impression that you may have been pressured into a career in nursing because of your family's background. I admire the fact that you've overcome the problems in your life and you are still determined to fufil your ambition but universities aren't intrested in what your husband does for a living or how much money you have. It's about you and your commitment to the course. Good luck. It sounds like you'll be an excellent nurse.

great statement

i think this statement is fantastic the profesional as as well as the personal great content good luck am in the same position just now although i am not living with my parents i hope you get through this you would be a fantastic role model for your family !!! thank you for sharing this

The personal statement does

The personal statement does have some good words, but I think you've gone about your personal life a bit too much, because universities don't want to know about your converted garage or your husbands income :/ but still......good luck.