Child Nursing Personal Statement Example 2

I have always respected and had an interest in the nursing profession as I believe it is not only challenging but it is also rewarding, I would particularly like to become a child nurse as I have plenty of experience dealing with young children and I have enjoyed being involved in their care.

I come from a large family of nurses who have shared their experiences of their career which has inspired me even more to work towards a nursing career of my own.

I believe this course would support me towards my career as it would teach me skills I will require to provide the best care possible for children and their families as well as provide a better understanding of children’s needs.

In relation to choosing to study child nursing, my current Level 3 Childcare course has taught me how to care for children’s health and wellbeing, about children’s health, it has taught me how to provide a safe environment, how to understand children’s additional needs and children’s development from birth.

I believe these units are important towards child nursing as they help me to understand how to best care for children and keep them safe, for example I am now able to spot the different signs and symptoms for common illnesses in children and I am able to understand and follow policies and procedures set regarding children’s medication.

Within some of these units I have learned about the importance of attachment in children which I believe is important in nursing as the child should be able to feel comfortable and trust those who are caring for them as well as feel supported by them.

I have carried out work experience in a primary school nursery and in an early year’s nursery. In the primary school, I was a volunteer teaching assistant working with children aged between 3-5 years old.

Within the nursery I worked with children aged between 0-5 years old, in this placement I would supervise and support the children as well as play alongside them.

Within both roles I have worked with many children from different backgrounds and I have learned to understand and manage their individual needs.

Being in these placements has helped increase my confidence and my communication skills which is important in the nursing profession as nurses constantly have to communicate with each other, other professionals, children and children’

Currently I am part-time employed as a barmaid which I enjoy a lot, I have gained many skills within my job that I believe would help me through the course and towards my future career, I have improved my teamwork skills.

I regularly talk to customers and the staff I work with which has improved my communication skills greatly and I have also become more mature and responsible since obtaining my job which will be beneficial when working with children.

I also have a brother with severe learning difficulties who I am a carer for, in helping to raise and care for him I have gained skills that can help me with this degree as I am able to work with children who have additional needs, for example, I have learned to remain calm in any stressful situation when caring for someone with additional needs and I know how and when to seek support when it is needed.

enjoy working with people which is one of the reasons I have chosen to study child nursing and hopefully become a nurse. I believe I would be an addition to the course as I am enthusiastic, hardworking and passionate which will allow me to learn and enjoy my studies.

Any feedback on my personal statement is greatly appreciated