Adult Nursing Personal Statement Example 13

I have been interested in the nursing profession since I was a child, but due to my parent's financial hardship, I was unable to achieve the necessary qualification at school.

The birth of my last child who is asthmatic and suffers from severe eczema has precipitated my return to education in order to realise my ambition and dream. The support of the hospital staff has made me more determined to achieve my goal

In 2001, I decide to match my interest and ambition to my skills and enrol for Pre Access to Science Study

I am currently on the Access to Nursing course at Lambeth College, to develop and improve my knowledge and skills in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Psychology, English, IT, Study Skills, Professional Communication Skills, Welfare and Society. These will improve my chance of gaining admission to the university in year 2003.

I believe this course will helped me to communicate effectively with various people, meeting deadline and situation equip me with the necessary skills needed to specialise in Mental Health Nursing. My favourite subjects are Biology and Study Skills

As a mother of three, I enjoy working with my children, supporting them with their school assignments and work closely with the schools to improve their performance and progress

I worked voluntarily as a Coordinator for the youth section of my church. My role involves organising, planning and coordinating programmes, collaborating with other youth clubs in the community, taking part in exhibitions, competitions, festivals and song revivals

I also fund raise for the Old Peoples Home and Children in Need. These roles have improved my ability to think things through and solve problems

Working as a Care Assistant, have enhance my knowledge of the need and support of patients and their relatives in various departments.

My duties include personal care of the patient, bathing, dressing, feeding and laundry. While at work, I am responsible to inform and report any sudden changes in the condition of the patient, maintain confidentiality, attend training sessions to upgrade my knowledge, so as to meet the standards and expectations of the quality of patient care.

These duties have given me more experience, help me to cope with difficult situation by using my initiative, more sympathetic, and more concerned about the well being and feelings of others. In spite of my duties, I am able to keep my work and family commitment in balance

In my spare time, I enjoy reading current affairs, folktales with my children and cooking multicultural dishes. Studying at your institute of excellence will equip and prepare me for a successful career in nursing.

nursing

Nursing

Hmmm...this personal statement sounds like a bit of a sob story to me - are the 'financial hardships' of her parents and the illnesses of her child really relevant?