Web Design Personal Statement Example

College - I am currently studying a part time IT & business access course at Middlesbrough College which involves computing, mathematics, programming and web design.

Out of all of the modules I am studying I most enjoy web design, as I really enjoy the tasks involved in creating a website, from the layout, colour scheme to designing the graphics for the website, and the programmes used, such as Dreamweaver and Photoshop, but would like to gain a greater understanding of web design at a higher level.

I am a very creative person and would love to be able to learn more about the programmes used to put my ideas into theory and work my way to completing the course and working my way through university to become a professional web designer, as I feel this is the perfect career for me.

Secondary School - at secondary school is when I really started to enjoy designing websites, as this was my first real encounter at doing so, I designed a travel company website for IT, although my site was never to be used for real, it gave me a great understanding into what was involved and the layout of a website, I could sit and spend hours planning the website on paper before actually putting it onto the programme as I have many ideas.

Outside Activities/Hobbies - outside of college I really enjoy reading Fiction books, especially those that are very imaginary. I do prefer to read computer magazines as I enjoy keeping up to date with new technology and gadgets.

I also enjoy listening to music especially Reggae and Soul. Also Twice a week I take part in my local boxing gyms training sessions, which involves a lot off jogging, sparing and skipping it is very strenuous work, training for up to 2 hours,

I find it self-pleasing and gives me a sense of achievement after each session, I am now building my fitness to a higher level and meeting deadlines in training to make sure my weight and fitness is at the right standard so I can enter competitions in my local area.

Since becoming a farther to my four year old son Bailey-Thomas, I have learnt new skills such as maturity, discipline and patience, but most of all the determination to study hard and achieve my goals. I also have to meet targets and deadlines in my work. These new skills will prove very valuable for my time at university.

End - I am really looking forward to the Interface and Digital Content Design part of the course at University, although I have done no work on this are before, I am keen to find out what this involves and help me to gain a great understanding of how to produce design, edit, create and manipulate different media types.

In year 2 I will be also looking forward to doing the Conceptual Design and Creativity module where I could see the creative output of individual artists and designers in photography, advertising and filmmaking and how they incorporate these with web design.

I hope you consider me as I am I hardworking, conscientious and passionate about this subject, and I am excited to work with other students who also share my passion.

This personal statement was written by liamjohno12345 for application in 2012.

liamjohno12345's Comments

this is my rough copy of my personal statement i would like some feedback so i know where i have gone wrong and what can be improved, thanks.