Sports and Exercise Science Personal Statement Example

From a very early age i had a profound interest in sports, participating in teams such as the school football team and the local Sunday league team. I also enjoyed swimming and Tae Kwon Do, achieving gold in swimming and black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I was also in the cross country team and cricket team throughout senior school.

It was during my time at senior school I discovered my passion for science and the reasoning for everything we come across in life. The human body is of particular interest with how it functions under sporting activities and how it recovers after rigorous workouts.

I am currently studying an Access to Science course which covers Biology, Physics and Chemistry. This is giving me the fundamentals to progress on to higher education covering topics such as the musculo-skeletal system and the human endocrine and nervous system which I find fascinating. In addition to this course i regularly attend events at a friend's studio gym where i have gained knowledge about various aspects of maximising potential when training. These include nutrition, motivation and weight management, without compromising health and energy.

My goal in life is to become a Physical Education teacher, having three children of my own has made me realise that there is nothing more satisfying in life than watching children develop new life skills or improving on existing skills and putting these in to practice. The career of a Physical Education teacher would enable me to have a satisfying career knowing that they are taking away skills that they will use for life. It will also enable me to lay the foundations for a healthy life something I feel extremely passionate about.

Although I haven't worked in this field before, I have gained many other transferable skills for my chosen career such as leading a team, communication, respect for the public, confidence, strong organizational skills and to be a good role model.

I see myself as a very active person. In my spare time I enjoy reading, one of my favorite books is Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of time" I must say he is an inspiration, I find it fascinating how a man with such a severe illness can still achieve what he has. He has taught me many things but the most important being that anything is possible! I enjoy going to the gym, helping out with my sons Sunday league football team and road running.

With my determination, motivation and enthusiasm, I have no doubt in my mind that I can go on and have a successful career as a Physical Education teacher.

Having never written a personal statement before, I would be grateful of any feedback. Be kind but honest. Thanks in advance.