Pharmacy Personal Statement Example 10

Invariably, the hardest lessons we learn are the most valuable lessons we learn. Over the past 5 years – as I’ve stood by my mother’s side during her battle with cervical cancer – I’ve learned there’s nothing more important than family. It wasn’t easy to watch the one person in the world I’m closest to struggle to come to grips with the fact she might not be with her husband or three children. But through her struggle, I’ve learned how important it is to be there for the people who mean the most to you.

My true passion lies in helping others in a safe and effective way with the use of innovative pharmaceutical medicines. Watching my mother battle cancer for these past years has allowed me to see the miracles of modern medicine. The doctors and pharmacists at OSU’s James Cancer hospital, where my mother was treated, helped ease her pain during her battle and eventually beat cancer. Currently my mother is in remission. Seeing all of this had a profound impact on my life. I want to be someone who can ease others’ pain. I have become inspired by my personal ambition of becoming a Pharmacist as I aspire to improve people’s daily lives.

I am looking forward to embarking upon my life-long learning career in Pharmacy. I have always enjoyed math and science throughout my education and recognize that I can combine both in a career in pharmacy. I believe pharmacy to be a fast developing profession where pharmacists are heavily involved in the introduction of new medicines for all kinds of illnesses, and I find the prospect of working in this field inspiring.

Throughout my high school career, it has always been important to me to be far more than a student. I have been a varsity athlete in football, wrestling and track and field. I have also worked as a soccer referee in our towns youth leagues and as a camp counselor for Camp Invention, science camp.

Since attending The Ohio State University as an under graduate in the pre-pharmacy program I have been able to participate in a three year residential learning community promoting the pharmacy profession through pharmacy site visits, lectures, and being active in the pharmacy club, which included volunteering at local nursing homes.

I also actively participated on the Ohio State club football and wrestling teams from 2012-2014. In 2014 I decided to try out as a walk on for The Ohio State University football team. I am currently a member of, and was proud to be a part of The Ohio State University 2014 National Championship football team.

I currently attend The Ohio State University as a full- time under-graduate student/ athlete and work part- time during the school year and full time during the summer at Walgreens as a certified pharmacy technician. I also help manage and maintain properties for First Place Reality in Columbus.

I have found that the variety of experiences I have been a part of have helped me become a confident, self-motivated and driven individual. I have a wide breadth of skills which will stand me in good stead throughout my university experience. I am looking forward to commencing to the next stage of my academic life and have great determination to succeed.