Chemistry Personal Statement Example 7

What I love about chemistry is the constant sense of discovery: looking at the simplest reactions on a molecular level is like glimpsing a whole new world. I am keen to learn at the cutting edge of current knowledge and to contribute to new discoveries. During the course of my degree I hope to take part in some research; after leaving university I am looking to work in science, possibly in research, and some experience will almost certainly come in useful. I would also like to continue my study of French at university - I think it is a beautiful language and one of my ambitions is to become fluent.

As part of my study, in addition to the A level course, I have taken part in the RSC Analytical Chemistry competition in a school team; I am a regular subscriber to the New Scientist magazine and have attended several courses, including an ISCO course on Forensic Science. I am also an affiliate of the RSC, and I'm currently looking for work experience possibilities in this field.

I joined Kimbolton School on a scholarship and during my time here I've won seven prizes in total, including two for French and Maths; I am now looking forward to the challenges presented by my appointment as one of fifteen Gown Prefects in the school. However, as well as taking my work and responsibilities seriously I have a lot of fun as well. I sing in the school choir and the chamber choir, and currently take singing lessons: I hope to continue with my singing at university, ideally in a university or college choir. I have represented both my House and School in General Knowledge teams and, although not exactly a gifted sportswoman, I'm happy to take part in some sport for my House. I enjoy taking part and trying new sports and although my talents aren't likely to take me into the university teams, I look forward to continuing to 'have a go'! I have also taken part in numerous musicals and plays in the school. In January I joined the Kimbolton Amnesty International Group and have been involved regularly since then. As a member of the school's Community Service Unit I spent a year working in a primary school, and another in a school for handicapped children, both on Thursday afternoons during term-time.

I believe that my academic ability and dedication to my subject make me an ideal candidate to study chemistry at university. I look forward to taking advantage of all the opportunities that will be open to me as a student, both in work and leisure time.

gay

gay

Thanks, this helped me alot.

Thanks, this helped me alot. :)