Beauty Therapy Personal Statement Example

From a young age I have had a great interest in beauty therapy and its ability to promote within me a positive enhancement of my physical and mental self image. I also feel that it has a strong impact on me, both in terms of being mentally challenging and also as a hands on profession.

I acknowledge that beauty therapy is both a very challenging and demanding career; however I feel that the rewards are amazing knowing that you have truly made a difference in the way a person feels mentally and physically.

I am eager to pursue beauty therapy as a career because I truly feel that it makes a difference to other people's lives. In a society which is both demanding and fast paced, I feel that beauty therapy has an essential place; in terms of its relaxing and therapeutic qualities and its ability to enhance an individual's sense of calm, well being and self confidence.

Beauty therapy is a career which requires dedicated, reliable and trusting people who can develop relationships with others quickly. I am an open and honest person, who treats other people with respect. I am also a very good listener which I feel is essential for a career in the beauty industry.

These are qualities which I feel I have fostered in both my professional and personal relationships and are particularly reflected in the work I undertake with other people.

On a weekly basis I visit a local nursing home, where I do treatments for elderly ladies that are unable to visit a salon. I have also been working in a Chinese takeaway, on a part time basis for the past two years.

This has involved interacting with a diverse range of people and has taught me to be more tolerant and patient with others. It has also helped me to develop effective communication skills, which I feel are skills that I will be able to transfer when undertaking a career as a Beauty Therapist.

Furthermore I have completed work experience in a number of beauty salons performing a wide range of treatments. I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience and it has confirmed my desire to work in the industry.

I have enjoyed every aspect of my level two beauty therapy course and I am currently enjoying doing my level three course even more. I enjoy the variety the course offers, both in terms of the practical and theoretical knowledge I am acquiring.

I feel that I am a keen dedicated student and I feel that I was rewarded for this by being presented a "Beauty Express Reward" for "Special Achievement" for my level two beauty therapy.

I am particularly interested in expanding my knowledge base in regards to aromatherapy, reflexology and advanced electrolysis.

I have researched a lot about each one of these subjects and they have continued to interest and amaze me. I also feel that it is imperative for a Beauty Therapist to have a good understanding of the human body, as you are constantly working on the body. Therefore I feel that it is necessary for me to expand my knowledge in regards to anatomy and physiology.

I would like to further my training within the beauty industry and I feel by undertaking this foundation degree will help me expand my knowledge base and help me to be a more experienced, effective and skilled therapist.

This personal statement was written by lissa (",) for application in 2008.