Politics Personal Statement Example 2

Since my early teenage years I have had a strong interest in the world that I live in; wanting to understand where mine and others’ places can be and are in society; not just locally but globally, so I follow current affairs programmes on the television and read newspapers and journals, such as the ‘Economist’, with interest.

However, I wish to explore further the causes and effects of human interactions.

The study of economics and politics provides explanations and predictions, as well as more universal theories, which underlie human behaviour, as well as offering insight into the validity of the various political choices competing for our favour.

The subjects I am studying at A Level provide a good grounding in skills and knowledge for these two interrelated disciplines.

English Language ensures that I can analyse, and communicate clearly and effectively, in both the spoken and written mode. History - the study of the past and its implications - is most valuable as it provides research skills and improves my essay writing, as does Psychology which also gives some insights into how our minds variously function.

Physics develops experimental and - along with Mathematics - analytical and problem solving skills, as well as ensuring my abilities have breadth. I am most enthusiastic at the prospect of having my abilities stretched and raised to a much higher standard, especially as I have not studied economics or politics before.

By the end of my degree course I also expect to be a more astute, mature person; I shall certainly take advantage of all the various social and sporting opportunities your university offers. It is my current career ambition to have a job in professional politics as an MP, to play a part in national policy making and legislation, as well as experiencing the pride of being a democratic representative of the people.

This ambition flows from my concern for the well-being of others and the continued freedom of our people. Your degree course is ideal preparation for this career because it will impart the knowledge necessary for informed policy formation, and the skills - such as good communication and effective debating - needed to succeed in this competitive occupation.

I am a member of the Conservative party and follow their policy reformation after 1997 with interest. Currently my other interests include science and technology - I enjoy reading the ‘New Scientist’ journal, for instance - as well as computers, of which I regard myself as an advanced user.

For example, I use the Internet for study and research into areas of interest, such as comment on government policy decisions, and upgrading hardware myself.

Also, last year I had a 3D computer game ‘add-on’ - designed by myself over a lengthy period, teaching myself a great number of skills in this field - packaged on a number of international magazines, including the UK-based ‘PC Gamer’. I also enjoy walking with my family and our dogs in the Dorset countryside, and am a member of the Vegan Society.

Well done for a interesting

Well done for a interesting statement, i feel you have included all the relevant points and have reflected yourself in a positive light. However your command with the English language is somewhat curious as i found myself quite perplexed with your sentence structure.

Eric....encore un fois

I think it is an admirable effort

Eric Le Roi

As we say in Francais, c'est . . . je ne sais pas

You're Conservative and vegan

You're Conservative and vegan? How odd.

And how odd to mention them!

gud effort

gud effort.. The only thing i wouldn't mention would be the fact that U are a conservative and a Vegan as the tutor who reads this might always like those.

But generally speaking it was good.

Great statement

"gud effort.. The only thing i wouldn't mention would be the fact that U are a conservative and a Vegan"

Says the guy who spells good 'gud' and you 'u'....muppet. Tutors will not mind political views as long as you show that you are flexible to change/ willing to hear other arguments.

Oh dear!?!?!?!

Oh dear!?!?!?!

hmmmmmm who else was

hmmmmmm who else was conservative and vegan...

hahaha

hahaha

Good for you!

If you are a vegan and a conserfvative i think that is good that you mention these but as the guy said above dont try and be thick skinned. all the best. ignore those who mock!

h

History is not the study of the past, it is infact the study of the remains of the past.

NEVER mention you're

NEVER mention you're political view! At it's best it's irrelevant and pointless, at it's worse the admissions tutors will subconsciously hold it against you.
Mention that you take an interest in politics and current affairs by all means, but try to show you're open minded. Otherwise they will look at you and just think you're another young person who has adopted their parents political views...

you have decided to end on

you have decided to end on the fact that you're a member of the vegan society? why does that make you desirable to university? Vegan = feminist lesbian... yuck

INIT

yo kid, sick personal statement... i wuz like thiz iiz just the beez kneez........ i iz a torie 2 init and i think millband loooks like a ryt tossa... Although, I was quite perplexed by your sentece structure, because I dont't see how one could seem so intellectual, but not be able to structure simple senteces. Good day to you sir. 2K12 INIT