Computer Science Personal Statement Example 44

I have acquired a keen interest in computing over a prolonged amount of time. This has been further enhanced since I began studying ICT at GCSE level and onwards to A-Level. In addition this has maintained my long term interest in all computer related areas. From my studies, and self teaching, I already have a depth of knowledge about many of the key areas of programming and the principles behind the working and implementation of web based design. I feel that ICT is becoming incredibly important throughout our daily lives and I am thrilled by the fact that I could be right at the centre of the next exciting chapter of the computing generation. My ambition is to study this type of course at a degree level incorporating a management perspective and progress this further to make it my profession. I will strive in all areas to develop my talents and capabilities fully.

As regards work experience, I spent three days working at my local Argos store. During these days I worked very closely with the management team, and did a lot of beneficial work with their computer systems. I was given jobs that included creating payroll systems for the employees, arranging a working schedule for the coming weeks and helping with the creation of price tickets and labels. I was committed to all tasks which were given to me as I was keen to create a good impression, show my capabilities and set a high acceptable standard. These few days helped broaden my knowledge of a computing environment and also allowed me to apply my skills in a business/retail industry.

My college experience this far has provided me with the skills needed to succeed at the highest level. This has been achieved through self motivation and independent studying; as a result I understand the impetus and diligence needed to cope with future academic and social lifestyles. Within college I feel that not only is academic achievement important, but getting involved with a society or club provides extended opportunities. I have been involved in the Air Training Corps and Football teams where I recognise good team work is a key factor if goals are to be accomplished, as well as broadening my problem solving skills.

Outside the classroom, I enjoy being sociable and active through the hobbies I am involved with. I also look forward to going on holidays in the summer months. Recently I travelled abroad and enjoyed the time I had away from my routine daily life. Whilst away, I learnt a lot about myself which helps teach me to use my own initiative. This proves to me that I have the right mentality and frame of mind to adapt to a new lifestyle of independence. My hobbies include attending my local gym regularly which I thoroughly enjoy as I can push myself to my own mental and physical limits. Furthermore I have been a senior member of my local YMCA where I have helped with the basic running of the club as well as guiding the younger children on participating in various kinds of activities.

As a sports person I play football for my local team. I am committed, focused and enjoy taking on leadership. I like to keep myself in a good physical condition so I can be prepared for any challenges that may come my way on and off the field. I hope to continue this interest at university and plan to take extensive use of the fitness facilities available to me. As well as being active I grasp the reality that the main reason for studying at university is to gain academic success and I do realise that a balance is needed between all factors.

In conclusion, at university I will look forward to all challenges and exciting new prospects with a high level of anticipation. As a person I am incredibly determined to be successful inside a career involving computing and management. Ultimately, I am increasingly adamant that this path will provide me with a broad range of exciting opportunities to pursue a long term passion and the beginnings of a successful career path.

This personal statement was written by gstar for application in 2009.

Very good statement one of

Very good statement one of the best ive seen for this subject, shown a vary in all the characteristics needed to succeed!

Dear goodness

Who would have thought a multinational company like Argos would not have an existing employee payroll system and would commission a 3 day work experience kid to write it... Bravo!! :P