Adult Nursing Personal Statement Example 3

Nursing is a very challenging and demanding career, however I feel the rewards would be great and that I am ready to embark on this career.

I am eager to pursue a career in which I am able to help and care for people, becoming a nurse would allow me to fulfil this ambition.

Nursing is a career for dedicated, reliable, trusting people who are able to develop relationships with patients quickly. I have these skills and I genuinely want to make a difference to people, to assist them and their families through difficult times when they are at their most vulnerable.

The role of nursing is changing as nurses are far more involved in the welfare of patients and this is placing more responsibility on nurses. I am confident of embracing this challenge and to take advantage of these changes and opportunities and use them to further my career.

At school I am involved in the Duke of Edinburgh scheme and have completed bronze and silver levels.

Aspects of the Duke of Edinburgh involved working as part of a group, this has helped me become an effective team player which I believe will be useful in the nursing environment as it will be necessary to use this strength to communicate successfully with other health professionals to determine what level of care is best for a patient. I am also involved in the music department as part of two choirs and a guitar group.

I perform learning support once a week with a girl with additional support needs. This involves undertaking activities with her and supporting her to communicate difficulties when she is finding things challenging.

This is very rewarding as I can see what a difference it makes for her to have someone who is willing to listen, and has made me realise how important this skill is when caring for people. Another activity I find rewarding is performing in-class support with a second year science class.

I am a young leader at Aberlady Rainbows and Guides and this is very valuable to me as I interact with the girls and participate in activities with them. It has greatly increased my confidence as I often have to talk to the girls in a group setting and this has developed my interpersonal skills.

I am also involved in the peer education scheme '4' which involves going to different Guiding units and raising awareness of issues through activities and games. This has been incredibly beneficial for my confidence and my planning and organisational skills.

These skills have been developed as I have to co-ordinate the sessions as well as talking to a group of people that I am not familiar with. As one of only two in4mers in East Lothian this role is very demanding.

I have been employed as a waitress for three years in the local hotel. This has been excellent for my interpersonal skills as it involves talking to people I am not familiar with. A skill that will be transferable to nursing. I have also undertaken work experience, through school, at Harlawhill Day Care Centre.

This gave me a useful insight into the caring profession and has increased my motivation to work within it. I organised my own work experience at the Edington Cottage Hospital and this gave me an idea of what working in a hospital setting will be like.

Both experiences served to fuel my desire to gain entry to the nursing profession. I also plan to work as a nursing auxiliary through the nurse bank next summer.

In the future I may wish to pursue a career in Paediatric nursing and I feel that an adult nursing degree will be the first step in giving me this opportunity.

I am deeply passionate about nursing and I am already looking forward to a long and fulfilling career in this field. I am the first person in my family to pursue further education.

This personal statement was written by laura257 for application in 2008.

Statement rating:****

thank u

this really helped me get started!
thanks!

God Bless

thanks your personal statement really helped me

thank you. this has helped

thank you. this has helped alot.

hi i found this statement so

hi i found this statement so much help in finishing my statement and good luck in your future career
thanks

Janine

Thank you that was really helpful. i hope to do nursing next year but was really struggling with what to say. urs is really well written, u seem to have loads of experience!

thanks very much

xxx

Amazing

Hello I just read your personal statement and its really good i wish you the best success in your life you will go far! Lots of love Natasha xxxxx

Thanks

Thanks you so much for sharing your personal statement. I was was suck in starting mine and yours helped facilitate the starting points that I needed. It was truly a blessing for me. Thanks again.

Great

Thank you. It was really useful and has helped me with a starting point. thanks once a again x

Thanks for sharing your

Thanks for sharing your personal statement, like many people I was stuck with starting mine. Yours has really has helped me out. So once again, thank you!

what an excelent personal

what an excelent personal statement, thanks for yr help.
all the best for yr future x

i found this statement really

i found this statement really really helpful thanks!
wish u all th best!

good on you

Great

Thanks dis helped alot.now i definitely ave an idea of wat to write!

this statement show's some

this statement show's some promise. However it does go on abit in some places and overstates emotions.

amazing job!

Great Statement, got me out of my "block"
Please use this as an inspiration piece, do not copy her work, make it your own.
Thanks Laura now I have a much clearer idea of a starting point and development of ideas.

did you get in?

did you get in?

i have been out of education

i have been out of education for a few years now looking after my mum wit cancer. your personal statement has helped me out so much... i was mind boggled , out of practice writing essays. thankyou x

Fabulous, just what I needed.

Fabulous, just what I needed. I can't get past the first line. Hope you managed to get in.
Thanks.

it really help

u are such a wonderful person it indeed help me.

thanks

this statement has really helped me think of some of my own expereiences that i forgot about and also bought into perspective how easy it is to write a personal statement when you have a great one infront of you to give a guideline how to start the bloody thing thanks alot it was a real help XXXxxxxXXXX

Thanx helped me get started x

Thanx helped me get started x

good statement. it is

good statement. it is actually social work i want 2 study and havent been able to find a personal statement in that field but your statement has helped me construct my own statement especially your intro and the skills and activities you have participated in. thank you

thank you SO much for posting

thank you SO much for posting this, i've been agonising over my personal statement for weeks!
good luck with your nursing career!
M x

can you please delete this

my brothes girlfriend used some of it and shes been caught

If she copied it outright she

If she copied it outright she deserves to get caught. Use it for ideas not copy and paste, idiot.

Anyway, good personal statement, very useful.

thanks, it is really helpful

thanks, it is really helpful

hy, i am not sure if i am

hy, i am not sure if i am strong enough to be a nurse. I am passionate about this job role however dont feel i am strong enough.

this is so helpful

i had no idea how to really set out my personal statement but yours gave me a good idea of how i could set it out
thank you XD

WOW!!! your personal

WOW!!! your personal statement is wicked!!!
its helped me plan mine out
thank for adding it up
tc
xxxxxxxxx

This is realy good! thanks! :

This is realy good! thanks! :)

:)

Welldone that's really good! i'mthe only person i know doing nursing and reallly needed some ideas! this is very good! thankyou

Great help!!!!

I was struggling to start my personal statement but since reading yours it has triggered apart of my brain I didnt think worked!!! Thank you very much!!!!!

thank you so much, your

thank you so much, your personal statement has helped me to get started. leanne x

Thanks

This Personal Statement is really good. It helped me alot with my Personal Statement. Thanks again xx

Wow that was Brilliant!

that waz great help! Thank you :)

cool statement!

thanks this really helped i used it as a rough guideline for my statement! x

you are amazing thanks so so

you are amazing thanks so so much i was stressed out till i read yours its a fantastic help your a star xxx

That was really helpful

very good. I feel better now

personal statement

hi there, i have just read your personal statement and i thought it was amazing, everything i was thinking in my head but in so much more detail and brilliant wording, i hope you dont mind but i used a few of your lines to fit into my CV, i would love to be a nurse some day, i keep applying for auxilary positions and i have not heard back off any of them, and in time i am hoping to enroll for the nursing course at preston university! Thank you so much for posting your personal statement to help others, i really hope you have got the career you yearned for, you do deserve it, many thanks Claire xx

Thanks

Thank you for shareing youre personal statment its very good good luck to you with everything you do x

I've thought about applying

I've thought about applying for uni for over a year, and kept putting it off, simply because I didnt have a clue where to start with my personal statement..THANK YOU!!!

i really want to get into the

i really want to get into the career of nursing except i have only decided this, and have not gt the relevant work experience, i only have the time of this summer. can yu please advise me what to do please?

This is briiiiiiilliant. I

This is briiiiiiilliant. I just fell in love with it. Thank you so much for posting your personal statement, what a difference it made for me .God bless.

nurse

Very nice goal statement

thank you for your help, iam

thank you for your help, iam going to apply to be a pediatric nurse, i did my nvq3 childcare and i worked as a nursery office, but my dream is to be a pediatric nurse. jenny

How long do personal

How long do personal statments have to be?

There's no minimum length but

There's no minimum length but they can't be more than 47 lines or 4000 characters.

thank you

your personal statement has helped me a lot thank you so much

such a life saver! i had no

such a life saver! i had no idea where to start and this has given me some really good ideas :)

Immii

Myyy GODDD! (In relief)- your such a big help!! And thank you for sharing your own, its very helpful indeed. Reading your personal statement made me feel more comfortable then worried; as i had no idea what to write before. Your such a life saver!!! thanks! :)

Pages