Accounting Personal Statement Example (Mature Student)

In 1999 I graduated at Federal Technical College Abuja Nigeria; my priority was to advance into higher studies, but the poor finances my family were in stopped me progressing. In 2000 I started working part time in a chemist as a sales assistant; i financed myself through a computing course in 2002 and passed with confidence.

Since then investigating ways to return to studies while i continued working and patiently wait for right moment.

The struggle continue, financially I need a strong ground to begin a new life in Britain, moving to Britain was a fascinating choice for me because of my status as a citizen by birth.

When i came to Dundee in 2006 i decided to apply for Access course in Business Administration in Dundee College as part of preparing for higher study. Fortunately i was accepted to the course, following this course has allowed me to look at the essential options available in other Business and finance related courses. I have always had a keen interest in Accounting and business related courses.

I am currently studying HND in Accounting at the College, i am enjoying the class discussions it contribute to my learning and am keen to study Accounting at degree level to widen my awareness and experience into the world of Accounting and finance. I understand i must be prepared to work hard to succeed in the degree course a am accepted for.

I think I have the motivation and the ability to undertake a degree course successfully, which would also equip me with the skills to pursue career in Accounting in the future.

I also have interest in travelling and sport, in my spare time i enjoy playing basketball, and my student experience since beginning this course has aroused an interest in reading and calculating.

This personal statement was written by dogara for application in 2009.

dogara's Comments

I felt openly decisive writting about myself and my journey through learning and experience.

Comment

You have the ability academically to prgoress onto degree level. Quite a short statement. However there are numerous grammar mistakes.