Teaching Personal Statement Example

My lifetime goal and aspiration since a young age has been to become a school teacher. While I was in school, I had a favourite teacher whose impactful teaching inspired my interest. Her kindness, genuine appreciation for me, and unique teaching style sparked my passion for becoming an educator. I always want to work with children as I care for them a lot. I always find it interesting to handle children. I can understand well their situation. During my time in school, my principal noticed my rapport with younger students and suggested I assist primary teachers. Engaging with the kids and their fondness towards me inspired me to start teaching. I was able to assist the children in reading, helping them with words that they think are difficult. Witnessing their growth and fostering their self-confidence was immensely rewarding. I just loved having the responsibility of supervising children.

I used to teach my younger brother from kindergarten to fourth grade. He felt most comfortable learning from me within our family. Sometimes, when I had exams, I couldn't teach him, and surprisingly, his grades did not improve during those times. However, whenever I resumed teaching him, his results became excellent, catching everyone's attention. I felt incredibly proud. I recall how my brother wasn't very interested in Bengali initially, but my teaching approach motivated him to study harder, eventually achieving the highest marks in his class.

I have a fondness for children and believe that they can be taught vital and valuable life lessons during their time in primary school which will then help them to grow emotionally and mentally into mature young people. It is this that I want to be a part of, the progression to their success. I remember as a child the amount of respect that teachers earned from their classes which drove me to learn in primary school. I'm extremely passionate about having a big input into a young person's life and making a difference. it is my ambition to become a good role model for the next generation. I am a responsible, hard-working and friendly girl who is known for my strong passion to attain a career as a primary school teacher. I firmly believe that in order to become a great teacher, the desire to help and assist children should be there. The learning process can be tough and challenging, which is one of the reasons that I really love about this profession.

I completed an Access to Higher Education Diploma in Business Management. I learned independently through online classes. I went to university for Business Management but realized it wasn't right for me. The course didn't make me happy. My inner self urged me to follow my true passion. I discovered I love teaching children the most and being around them brings me joy and real happiness. I'm good at talking with people and making things easy to understand. At work, I learned a lot and got inspired. People know me for being friendly and reliable, and I love taking on challenges. In my role at work, I am responsible for providing initial training to new employees. Colleagues find me approachable, and I have a knack for explaining things in a way that's easy for them to understand. I genuinely enjoy teaching people new things. I have great communication skills and work well with others, but I can also do things on my own. When things get busy, I stay organized and always meet goals on time.

The new lessons going to be learned from this program can make me further more suitable and stronger to take up teaching as profession in primary school. Definitely, I will use wisely my past experience to gather more knowledge from this program and groom myself as a best teacher for the primary school. All my past experiences and this current one will help me to explore new heights in your program and I am going to be a special student among the program for sure too.

I feel that my experience and enthusiasm for Primary teaching would make this a fulfilling and rewarding career. I am very much looking forward to expanding my practical and theoretical knowledge by attending university. In pursuing a degree in teaching, I seek to advance my knowledge and work to achieve my life ambition. I believe I have the commitment, patience and persistence to succeed. My teaching practice has confirmed my belief that teaching is one of the most challenging, demanding, exhausting but varied and exciting careers there are. look forward to university and ultimately having a job that is so important and a vital part of so many young lives.