Mechanical Engineering Personal Statement Example 13

I grew up as a boy who loves robots and motorbikes very much. Thus, I love things that move especially those that are related to engines.

I started to be really passionate about mechanical engineering when I learned about the control system when I was in high school. I simply enjoyed learning about the hydraulics and pneumatics system.

Though it is only a small branch of mechanical engineering, it utterly grabbed my attention. From then onwards, I always dreamed of handling massive machinery that involves hydraulics and pneumatics as I found it irresistible. In fact, I have always wanted to study things that involved movement, coordination and are visible with my bare eyes.

Besides that, I believe that I can apply my mathematical knowledge very well and with my true passion towards physics, I believe that being an engineer is the perfect career for me.

I have always described myself as an inquisitive person. I am very curious to learn something new. In fact, I can speak and write French quite well. I had taken DELF A2 which is the proficiency test for non-native speaker. Gratefully, I passed it with flying colours.

Besides that, I used to be active outside the classroom. I had represented my school for National English Camp and National French Carnival in 2005 and 2006. Basically, these two events involved many activities such as quizzes, presentations, debates, group activities and so on. These activities had made me more outspoken.

Plus, I am aware that a first-class engineer needs to have excellent teamwork spirit, great leadership and able to work under pressure. In fact, the skill to work in groups will be the core for a good result in university.

I am confident that I can always collaborate with others. I was involved in a marching band and orchestra when I was in high school, and I was the assistant conductor for 2 years and the conductor for about 6 months.

This experience taught me how to act as a team and get rid of my egocentricity and selfishness. It also taught me to be emphatic and prepared me for the job of an engineer which can be extremely challenging.

In addition, being the conductor had heightened my leadership and communication skills tremendously. Thus, it is an advantage for the latter stage of my life.

For fact, my hobby is cooking. I love to try different menus. However, recently I have started learning a few magic tricks from my friend and my growing interest in it has made it my new hobby. These two hobbies actually represent my true colours. I am a willing learner and I always challenge myself with something new.

Regarding my interest, I really admire Ernst Werner Von Siemens. For me he is the epitome of what an engineer should be. His contribution in the field of telecommunications and power generation was astounding. I really hope that one day; I will be able to direct my own engineering firm like Siemens did. Besides, I have always dreamed to have a chance to specialise in the field of instrumentation.

My aspiration is to learn about the Micro-Electro Mechanical System (MEMS). Personally, I think that this new technology has a bright prospect ahead. Therefore, having the qualification from your university is the very first step for me to achieve my goal.

Despite all the cutting-edge technology in this modern world today, we are actually consuming an enormous amount of natural resources. This scenario will consequently lead to problems related to waste material and pollutant which makes the world less sustainable.

In accordance with this situation, I think that engineer should take charge to solve this environmental issue and find the best alternative as a solution. Therefore it is in my passion to study mechanical engineering to help make Earth a greener world so that our next generation will inherit the planet in superb condition.

Lastly, I hope that a degree from your university will be the ultimate foundation for my journey to becoming a superior engineer.

This personal statement was written by muse0307 for application in 2010.

muse0307's university choices
Imperial College London
University of Bristol
Cardiff University
Oxford University

Degree
Meng Mechanincal Engineering at The University of Manchester

muse0307's Comments

I try my hardest to make it the best personal statement in the entire world.
With this personal statement I got unconditional offer to -

Imperial College
University of Manchester
University of Bristol
University of Cardiff.

I did not make it to Oxford though.

Statement rating:*****

wat grades did u get in ur ALs?

grades

wat grades did u take in ur ALs?

Hello, im think your ps is

Hello, im think your ps is perfect i really liked it because it didn't have all those brilliant things of 1000 prizes won... Could you help me to write my ps? ill give you my email

UUCpYfSDO

I truly appreciate this blog post.Really thank you! Keep writing.

drtUvouL

Wow, great post.Really thank you! Awesome.