Hospitality Managment Personal Statement Example

Standing by the side of my dad, always looking over his shoulder when he opened his first restaurant, brought me into the world of hospitality. Unconsciously, I realized the importance of management by watching my dad plan every step or encouraging his employees. I remember the day when I sneaked into the kitchen and saw the staff members working like clockwork. As a little girl, I was amazed by the perfection and since that day it has become a lifelong passion for me.

The hospitality industry is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world. Unfortunately, in my country it is not as developed as in some western nations. Hence, from the outset, I knew I needed to study in the UK. It would be a great honour for me to become a sophisticated, charming manager with good manners in a country which is a synonym of all of those qualities.

After graduating from high school, I took a gap year and moved to Wimbledon where I am currently working as an Au-pair. It is an exceptional opportunity to enhance my language skills and find out more about the country, people and the culture. Working as an Au- pair, has helped me improve my planning skills by scheduling children's activities and their leisure time.

As I mentioned before, attention to detail and the pursuit of perfection became a significant element of my life at a young age, and I, therefore, started trying to achieve better results in every aspect of life, including my academic work. As an excellent student, I grasped the opportunity to graduate from primary school a year earlier and I enrolled in a bilingual course at a secondary grammar school in Slovakia. With plenty of subjects taught in the English language, I gained the necessary language skills and graduated in the English language on level B2.

My first encounter with management in an academic context was in my final year when I studied Economics, in which I achieved mark A for my essay on “Diversity of management and managers”.

Notwithstanding my education, I was heavily involved with management projects in my extracurricular activities, within which I helped organize nearly twenty projects, a few of them on an international level. My positions were varied and often included recruiting new people, taking care of clients, providing full catering and much more. These projects were a tremendous opportunity to improve my management skills. I have learnt to build strong relationships, gain respect and understand the benefits of reward and positive motivation. The most challenging project came in my final year of high school, where I was required to manage a project that involved working with partners from other nations. I was responsible for twenty-five volunteers and roughly a hundred and fifty people who were participating in our project. One of the exceedingly important skills I learnt during this time was how to motivate people to enjoy what they are doing because this enabled them to do their best. In the end, all the hard work was worth it when I noticed the delighted faces and their feeling of satisfaction.

I have always had been interested in hospitality. My first job was a waitress in my dad's restaurant, where I also helped in the kitchen. Later, I had a job as a barista in a local café and various summer jobs working as a barman. These experiences provided me with an understanding of customers' needs and I developed the ability to solve their problems effectively.

There is a long journey ahead of me until I achieve my dreams. I believe in the saying: “Nothing ventured, nothing gained” and, therefore, I will do my best and strive to achieve what I desire, to be proud of myself, and deliver the very best in all areas of hospitality.