Hospitality Management Personal Statement Example 3

Knowing that you have made someone happy is such a delightful feeling. This represents the main reason among others why I am attracted to the hospitality industry. Customer satisfaction is what makes a successful business and I want to spend my life creating an enjoyable place for people from where they are going to leave contented.

Two years ago I worked in the organization team of a film festival that runs smoothly every year in my city. It was supposed to be a summertime job which I thought would allow me to learn something new, but it turned out to be the start of my future career. The festival was taking place in a four star hotel and I had to make sure that all of the festival's staff members understood their roles and got their job done as efficiently as possible. Even though I had a minor part in the coordination, I discovered that I truly liked this type of position.

After that experience I have been keen on enhancing my knowledge about the way a hotel is run through implication in extra-curricular activities such as Fit For Future, where I was accepted to Hotel Kolping based on an interview. During the internship I had the opportunity to shape my leadership skills, interpersonal skills, confidence and the ability to make quick decisions. Also, I gained a better understanding of each department of a hotel and its functions in room division. Similarly important were the workshops I attended at the American Hotel Academy about assertive communication. They helped me realize the best way how I could communicate with people in a workplace, without getting into uncomfortable situations, because without motivated employees, an excellent service quality is inconceivable.

Studying Social Sciences included Economics which has shown me its importance in our society. It explains how a balance can be made using distribution, production and services, but it can also predict if a business is likely to fail. Through Entrepreneurial Studies I gained the ability to develop a promising business plan and to carry out research on people's preferences for type of lodging and service. Each of these elements requires budget and I was eager to formulate a strategy to achieve the best components that fitted my target consumer's choices, without spending a lot of money. Therefore, these are the aspects of Economics and Entrepreneurial Studies I especially enjoy and think that they can be applied in the hospitality industry.

Outside of school, I like learning foreign languages because they introduce me to new cultures and ideas. At present, I am a native speaker of Hungarian and Romanian and as well, I am at upper intermediate level in English, intermediate in German and Spanish and elementary in Italian. I believe that this is a valuable trait of a manager as they need to be capable to communicate with guests from all over the world. Hence my desire to study in the UK, as it is a multicultural and stimulating place to explore. I also exercise regularly, it helps me remain disciplined, which is beneficial at school and work.

As I have been a hard worker since I started school, the importance of devotion is not a new notion for me. I am aware of the responsibilities a manager has to assume, but I am committed to acquire all the knowledge I can to be able to manage in the future different departments of a luxurious hotel so that the guests savor their stay and return to the same venue. I am confident that a Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management will give me the ideal opportunity to accomplish my goal.

Don't be stressed, just write about yourself and it will be ok!