Drama Personal Statement Example 2

I'm now in my third year at Fakenham College looking for that secluded grade. I've completed an A-Level in drama with amazing grades in performances and coursework. I am studying chemistry and biology at A-Level. My family have a great science tradition, so by taking these courses I can get a word in at the dinner table. I have also taken up a film Studies course, I enjoy this subject as it looks at various films and delves into the technological aspects of the films making

In drama in year 13, we performed two live performances to an audience. The first of the year was a self-devised piece working with four other candidates named 'Face Value'. As I helped write the performance, it really gave a feeling of gratification

The second performance was, 'Blood Wedding' by Lorca. A daunting task to say the least. But the text worked amazingly and I went really well. The most important thing is that we had a laugh whilst rehearsing. I really enjoy the whole process leading up to the opening night. Even though the theatre company I am currently a member of, won an award when we performed 'The Pirates of Penzance', completing 'Blood Wedding' with such a good grade would be the most awarding play I've done

Outside of academic affairs my life is dominated by work and play. I have a permanent part-time job at a reputable restaurant as a barperson/waiter. Having bar work experience will benefit me greatly in the future as I have emerged a respected glass cleaner. I am a dedicated member of my local operatic society for the past 8 years performing such plays as 'South Pacific', 'Singin' in the Rain' and 'The Pirates of Penzance'.

Within the society, I either act in the show, work backstage, operate a spotlight or do front of house. If I'm not in the show, I'll help. I have done many performances with the school and college, the first when I was aged 12 was 'Brilliant the Dinosaur', that set me up for a life on the stage. Other musicals were 'Grease', 'Oliver' and most recently 'Return to the Forbidden Planet', where I played Captain Tempest. I got the opportunity to work for a day on the film set of a BBC drama set at Wayborne Station in Norfolk

The program is set in 1914 wartime; I was an extra as a WW1 soldier. A very hot day but I enjoyed it, a fantastic experience.

As a family we recently went to France on a town twinning exchange and I was regularly the life and sole of the party, singing and break-dancing to provide the evenings entertainment. A welcome distraction is my guitar, which I have recently taken up. I enjoy learning new songs, especially from the 'rock 'n' roll' era.

For the Jubilee celebrations I did a live performance in my local church, impersonating, 'The King', singing and playing 'Blue Suede Shoes'. I love listening to music of all genres. My new commitment to a Film Studies course has inspired me to watch a lot more films with critical analysis.

When I am 100% fit, I enjoy playing a range of sports, mainly cricket, football and rugby. I regularly cycle to work, which is only a few miles down the road. I'm also a keen swimmer and enjoy a game of badminton. Though I am a sucker for the racecourse.

I'm a keen horse rider, though I have little time for my passion, I would love to continue riding, and would hope to become a member of as many sports teams as possible, not to inhibit my studies of course. But to keep fit, I have taken up the art of boxing, which should be carefully thought of before entering.

hmmmm what is it u want to do

hmmmm what is it u want to do though???this tells me of all your hobbies but u don't seem to have a clear aim or objective?

you do 7 different sports

you do 7 different sports

another theatre geeks opinion

I'm sorry but you sound a tad big headed. You appear to have a lot of experience in the practical side of theatre which is great but I feel as if you were trying to cram as much as possible in and didn't go into detail about aspects I would have thought you would want to spend more time on such as future plans and what you want to gain from the course. I too am applying for a drama course and just like you I recieved top marks for my performance and coursework, however I think calling them 'amazing' gives the wrong impression. Good luck.

why is it relevant that you

why is it relevant that you are good at cleaning glass?

i think this is a really good

i think this is a really good example of a personal statement i am currently studying performing arts B-TECH at college and we have recently looked at blood wedding and really enjoyed reading the text so i can really see how u must have enjoyed performing it :)

Comments are a little harsh

Comments are a little harsh here...remember everyone is an individual and has individual modes of expression...having said that there is a definate collision of approaches throughout this statement...attempting to engage a reader colloquially and portray your personality is one thing but it unfortunately cannot co-exist with trying to portray your academic merit. There is a place and time to speak to someone like your best friend in order to convince them of your social virtues but it is far better to remember that you are trying to cram in as much information as possible about what makes you a viable candidate. A protracted conversation with the reader will not get you a place at university-if you boil it down there are some really good things in here, it is a shame that your tone and structure have not been a little more carefully planned to cater to your auudience (who, lets face it will probably be a middle aged esteemed tutor at the helm of a department you desperately want to join!) Good luck

I think the glass cleaner

I think the glass cleaner comment was sarcasm.... why does no one get sarcasm anymore?

it isn't sarcasm, it is

it isn't sarcasm, it is pretentious and pointless. The statement had some seriously unique and strong elements, but totally let down by an egotistical and boring approach. I wish you luck however, as I think you are probably quite talented under all that front. If not, possibly a degree in window cleaning?

I genuinley have no idea why you ever put that in.

I can certianly see that you

I can certianly see that you are trying to sell yourself, but i feel that by mentioning every single play you have performed in is a little much. focusing more on 1 of them and evaluating the peice could be a better way to express yourself, but nice PS. Good luck

drama

Good luck. I'd just like to say though that it is spelt weybourne and that saying "amazing" does indeed sound big headed, take a look in a thesaurus to create a little more ambiguity.

"The most important thing is

"The most important thing is that we had a laugh whilst rehearsing."

Why would you ever say that?

most of u people r like sooo

most of u people r like sooo pathetic, show some consideration u silly clowns

'like sooooo pathetic'.

'like sooooo pathetic'. eloquently expressed

My thoughts are that you have

My thoughts are that you have waster too much of your 4000 characters by saying things that really are irrelevent to the course. For examlpe
'My family have a great science tradition, so by taking these courses I can get a word in at the dinner table.'

'I have a permanent part-time job at a reputable restaurant as a barperson/waiter. Having bar work experience will benefit me greatly in the future as I have emerged a respected glass cleaner'

'As a family we recently went to France on a town twinning exchange and I was regularly the life and sole of the party, singing and break-dancing to provide the evenings entertainment.'

I would cut all of this as a minimum and concentrate on your achievements/related interests.
I don't think you come across to a reader as you intended to.

From The teacher of S.

From The teacher of S. Edmunds

U need to focus more on relevant information. U digress far too much talking about riding and other activities, u must be very busy. Do not talk about drama things any earlier than your 16th birthday. They will think ur sad.

I cringed when reading this

I cringed when reading this

kaPrATrdYK

Appreciate you sharing, great blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Much obliged.