British Army Specialist Training
When you have completed your Initial Training, you will be considered as a fully-trained soldier, which allows you to start your specialist training at one of the Army's dedicated centres.
Here you will be taught all the skills you need to perform your first job in the Army.
How long does Specialist training take?
The length of your Phase 2 training depends on what job you will be doing, and can range from just a few months to more than a year.
Where will I be learning?
Again, this depends on what role you will be undertaking exactly. However, you can expect to be stationed at one of the following centres around the UK:
- The Armour Centre, Bovington - the British Army's centre of excellence for training in the core skills of armoured warfare.
- The Army Aviation Centre, Middle Wallop - the home of Army Aviation; carries out Phase 2, Phase 3 Ground Training and Flying Training.
- The Royal School of Artillery, Larkhill - covers all artillery equipment and includes both technical and tactical training.
- 11th (RSS) Signal Regiment, Blandford Camp - where all Royal Signals Phase 2, Upgrade and Re-Trade soldiers are posted for their Trade Training.
- The Royal School of Military Engineering (RSME) - provides training in all engineering disciplines, as well as delivering military working animals, handlers and maintainers.
- The School of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering (SEME) - the British Army's principal electro-mechanical training school.
- The Infantry Battle School (IBS), Brecon - delivers trained Officers and soldiers to meet the operational requirements of the Infantry, the Army and Defence.
- The Infantry Training Centre, Catterick - trains all Infantrymen joining the British Army.
- The Defence College of Logistics and Personal Administration, Worthy Down - fighting logistics through to keep the army working, moving and communicating.
- The Support Weapons School, Warminster - provides trained officers and soldiers in order to meet the operational requirements of the Army.