Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies
Time: 30 mins
- 85 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 115 g light muscovado sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 115 g self-raising flour
- 55 g medium oatmeal
- 170 g raisins
1) Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF, gas mark 4). Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy, then gradually beat in the egg. Sift in the flour, then fold it in with the oatmeal and raisins.
2) Drop heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto 3 greased baking sheets, leaving enough space around each cookie to allow it to spread during baking.
3) Bake for 10–15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely. These cookies can be kept in an airtight container for 3–4 days.