Roasted Mushroom Salad
Time: 30 mins
- 225 g white button mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 8 ml olive oil
- 3 ml lemon juice
- 60 g finely chopped red bell pepper
- 10 g fresh basil or mint leaves, torn
- 15 g pine nuts, toasted
- 2 leaves Boston lettuce
- 15 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ml balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 large garlic clove, crushed
- Salt, to taste
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss mushrooms in 1 Tb. olive oil and 1 tsp. lemon juice. Spread on large baking sheet and bake 15 minutes. Drain off liquid. Cool slightly. In a bowl, combine mushrooms, red pepper, basil or mint, and pine nuts.
2) Whisk together dressing ingredients; toss into mushroom mixture.
3) Place lettuce on 4 salad plates and spoon mushroom mixture on top.