Stir-Fried Prawns and Asparagus
Time: 30 mins
- 400g asparagus
- 200g white shrimp/prawns, shelled
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour mixed with 2 tblsp. water
- 1/2 tsp ground white peppercorn
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup soup stock
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1) Place wok on medium heat and pour in the oil. When it is hot, put in the garlic and sauté. When it has yellowed, add the shrimp/prawns and asparagus, turn up the heat and stir-fry on high heat. When nearly done, turn down the heat.
2) Season with the stock, oyster sauce, pepper and soy sauce. Turn up the heat and when the liquid comes to a boil, pour in some of the tapioca flour-water mixture to thicken the sauce. Then dip out onto a plate and serve.