Time: 40 mins
- 285 g shucked oysters
- 25 g bread crumbs
- 12 buttery round crackers, crumbled
- 55 g melted butter
- 30 g oyster liquid
- 15 ml milk
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Butter a shallow baking dish.
2) Combine the bread crumbs and cracker crumbs, stir in the melted butter. Place a thin layer of the crumb mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Layer the oysters over the crumbs and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Pour 2 tablespoons oyster liquid and 1 tablespoon milk over the top. Repeat then cover the top layer with the remaining crumb mixture.
3) Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 30 minutes.