Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Pizza
Time: 55 mins
- 20g butter
- 1-1/3 large Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 6g sugar
- 190g refrigerated pizza dough
- 305g Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1) In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onions in butter until the onions are soft and dark brown, approximately 25 minutes. Stir in sugar, and continue cooking for 1 or 2 more minutes.
2) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
3) Grease a pizza pan or cookie sheet, and press out the dough to desired thickness. Spread onions evenly over the dough, and top with crumbled Gorgonzola.
4) Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until done.