Time: 55 mins
- Pack of ready made shortcrust pastry
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 stick of celery - chopped
- 1 yellow pepper - chopped
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tin of salmon - retain salmon liquid
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites (you can use powdered made up as per directions)
- 300g low fat cotage cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
1) Roll out pastry and line 24cm quiche dish.
2) Drain and flake the salmon - retaining the liquid.
3) Heat oil in pan and gently saute onion, celery and pepper until soft. Blend in the flour and add the reserved salmon liquid and the flaked salmon and stir until combined. Pour into prepared pastry case.
4) Beat together the egg whites, whole egg, cottage cheese, parmesan and parsley then pour into pastry case.
5) Bake at 200C/Gas 6 for 40 minutes or until the top is set.
6) Serve with a mixed salad and new potatoes.