Green Chilli Dhal
Time: 50 mins
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) corn oil
- 450 g (1 lb) young courgettes, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 450 g (1 lb) tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 drained canned jalapeno chillies, rinsed, seeded and chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh coriander
- salt fresh coriander, to garnish
1) Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole and add all the remaining ingredients, except the salt.
2) Bring to simmering point, cover and cook over a low heat for about 30 minutes until the courgettes are tender, checking from time to time that the dish is not drying out. If it is, add a little tomato juice, stock or water.
3)Season with salt and serve the Mexican way as a separate course. Alternatively, serve accompanied by any plainly cooked meat or poultry. Garnish with fresh coriander.