Sea Bass with Chilli and Garlic
Time: 45 mins
- 1 sea bass, weighing about 1.25kg, scaled and gutted
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- 1 small dried chilli
- 6 whole cloves of garlic (skin left on)
- Sea salt
- 50ml olive oil
- 1/2 glass of dry white wine
- 1 lemon
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C. Put a piece of turkey-size tinfoil, about 70 - 80cm long on to a work surface and cover with a layer of parchment paper.
2) Fold over each edge so that the foil and parchment are secured together at the edges.
3) Put a couple of sprigs of rosemary into the belly cavity of the fish and a couple in the centre of the parchment. Lay the fish on the parchment and crumble the chilli over the top.
4) Lightly crush the garlic cloves by putting the flat side of a knife on top and giving it a thump with your hand. Scatter the crushed garlic over the fish and sprinkle with sea salt.
5) Lift up the edges of the foil to keep everything in and add the olive oil and wine.
6) Wrap the fish in the foil making a loose but tightly sealed bag. Place it on a roasting tray and bake for 35 minutes.
7) Remove from the oven and carefully undo the bag, folding back the sides to make the fish easy to get at. Squeeze a little lemon over the top and serve.