Who should write my reference?

If you are applying to UCAS through a school, college or centre, your reference will normally be written by your form tutor or a teacher who has taught you for a substantial amount of time, e.g. for your AS levels.

If you are applying as an individual, you should make sure your referee is someone who is in an official capacity and knows you quite well, so that they can write about you and your suitability for an undergraduate degree.

This person may be a tutor, employer, supervisor, or someone else who meets the guidelines mentioned above. Do not get a family member, friend, or partner to write your reference for you. If you do, your application will be cancelled by UCAS.