I'm a disabled student - what help is available to me?

There is lots of help available to disabled students who are applying to university, so don’t let this put you off from chasing that dream of getting a degree.

The main financial source of help is through Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA), where you receive money to help with the costs that you incur, in attending your course, as a direct result of your disability or specific learning difficulty.

They are available to full-time and part-time students with disabilities, although part-time students with disabilities must be studying at least 50% of a full-time course.

How much you get does not depend on your income or that of your household. Unlike student loans, this assistance does not have to be repaid.

For more information on the help you can receive, eligibility, how to apply for a DSA and more, please visit our disabled students section.