Musical Theatre Personal Statement Example 2

Fearlessness .I have always loved how music, dance and acting can evoke emotion and move an audience to tears through credible performance. The ability to remove yourself from any performance wholeheartedly and be able to not only portray the character but to BE the character, i believe is a direct exemplification of fearlessness.
I want to study musical theatre because there is nothing else i could possibly study that would give me the same sense of fulfillment. As a strong supporter of the arts , a thespian and a performer from a young age I believe a 3 year musical theatre course is the perfect step to take at this point in time to advance my technique and hone in on my skills.

In school I was head Girl in year 10 and 11 as well as a regular assembly speaker and performer. I am a part of Peterborough operatic dramatic society and do a musical and a play every year, recently I played little Inez in hairspray. I'm currently studying a btec level 3 extended diploma in dance. We do a minimum of 3 dance shows a year in which I also often perform musical theatre solos in order to continue to work on my strengths. I chose my current course because I have been singing and acting since I was 7 however i never had any professional dance training . I wanted to work hard on my weakness in order to become a triple threat.Being a performer requires you to work hard and evidently I'm not prepared to do anything less than that.

As well as being a hard worker I am also very enthusiastic and throw myself into any and all activities my hobbies include horse riding , reading and watching musicals. Its evident that my love for learning can will make me excellent candidate for your course
I am currently preparing for my grade 8 LAMDA exam in musical theatre . Taking exams with Lamda and and new eara gave me an insight into how much work and character analysis needs to go into to a performance in order for it to be believable.

To gain some extra vocational experience I attended summer school at Trinity Laban Conservatoire for 2 weeks during the summer holidays sandwiched between pineapple and studio 68 classes. Learned many valuable lessons in class and outside of class like how to conduct myself as a young performer as well as how to network with fellow dancers. I gained a perspective on how flexible and versatile I need to be and really grew as a person during those 6 weeks.

There is no denying that in this current moment, theatre is in its prime. i find it intriguing to see how newer shows such as waitress and school of rock can still be so successful in a business in which the classics like Oklahoma are still very much thriving. I want to be a part of that business. By gaining a place on this course I wish to continue to improve and learn to become the best and most versatile performer I possibly can be . A fearless one.