History Personal Statement Example 18

History is one of the most interesting and important things in my life it fills me with knowledge and entertains me with past events which are in one way or another always repeating themselves. The English historian Edward Gibbon once said”I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging of the future but by the past.”

I have been very fortunate to travel to a lot of locations around the world and in various historical locations with significant meanings to them. The historical locations that I visit provide me with immense amounts of knowledge about history and are a big reason why my love for history continues to grow.

On November 4, 1995 there was an assassination of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin; although I was only 10 years old it was a big realization point in my life. This made me realize that not every conflict in politics is cultural since this was pursued by an Israeli who was upset about the peace process. I was born in los angeles and moved to Isreal with my parents which was meant for a brief move that lasted only five years. Less than six months away from the sheltered life in the United States I started realizing the cultrual differences which were available to me through history books. Histroy has been with me my whole life and I intend to continue to pursue it further.

I am applying for the degree in history to be my major because it combines every thing that I am reminiscent of into one subject. During my gap year I realized that I can combine it with a second desire of mine which is real estate development in the sense of using historical structures and combining them with modern architecture in order to achieve a unique and one of a kind edifice.

My participation in outside school organizations helps me acquire more knoledge and to put my current knowledge in work. I am an intern at Congressman Brad Sherman's office in Sherman Oaks Califorina, I have had the opportunity to help bring about the awarness of the Armenian genocide which Armenians are disturbed that there is not enough knowledge about this event. The participation has helped me work with a culture which I was unfamiliar with but now I know more about it.

Im a member of AIPAC-The American Israel Public Affairs Committee, and attent meetings and participate in discussions there. WAIPAC- Womens Alianace for Israel Public Action Committee, this organization gives me the opportunity to get a diferent point of view with my sister one of the organizers for the events I get a chance behind the scenes as well. At Pierce Community College I started a division of Hillel called Hillel for Israel and this gives me the opportunity to organize events and get feedback from students regarding their concerns for specific issues, I a way I see what all those big events have to go though in order to make them as successful as they are.

A lot of information that I know today about history is not only from school but from my side interests in history and involvement within the field. My involvement in these organizations and volunteer programs have gotten me a lot closer to the subject of history, it is one thing to read about it but then to actually pursue it is inspiring.

This personal statement was written by donofjon for application in 2000.

Statement rating:***

kOeiCNJbWe

I really like and appreciate your post. Really Great.

HjZUOQkosU

Major thanks for the article post. Cool.