Does your school need help with personal statements?
With 15 years’ experience helping students complete their UCAS applications, and having reviewed many of the 2000 free personal statements available on Studential, the editing and review service provided by our editors can help make the most of your pupils’ applications.Email us
How does it work?
Each of our services provides a comprehensive critique and edited version of an individual UCAS personal statement.
We’ll ask your school to upload each personal statement along with other relevant information about each university application, and within 5 days, we’ll return each statement fully edited, with a report detailing the improvements we’ve made.
What’s included in the editing process?
Each personal statement we receive is carefully reviewed against a number of criteria designed to ensure each pupil is presented to admissions tutors in the best possible light. From fixing single spelling mistakes to rewording whole sections, we will critique, edit and polish each line of all personal statements submitted in your chosen package.
Our editors will apply the same techniques used to edit books, newspaper articles and printed publications. These include:
- Correct any spelling and grammar issues
- Fix the misuse of punctuation and capitalisation
- Reword poorly structured sentences
- Prune unnecessary words and over-long sentences
- Ensure a consistent style and ‘voice’ is used throughout each statement
- Check paragraphs flow together cleanly and the statement works as a whole
Our editors will also focus on issues specific to writing UCAS undergraduate personal statements:
- Show pupils how to write a memorable introduction
- Ensure all topics for discussion have been adequately covered
- Check the correct proportion of the statement has been dedicated to each topic
- Help pupils articulate their strengths and skills to sell them to the reader
- Remove references to potential weaknesses or topics to avoid
- Help pupils round off their statement with a solid conclusion
Who are our editors?
“As a Higher Education specialist in Kent and Medway I've worked mainly in grammar schools, helping sixth formers choosing and applying for university courses, and have more than 20 years' experience as a careers adviser, before taking early retirement in 2010. I have worked as a freelancer, writing and proofreading occupational information for a government website. I'm an absolute pedant when it comes to spelling, grammar and punctuation! ”
What do we include with your order?
Once we’ve finished editing all personal statements submitted in the package, we will email you each completed statement along with a report detailing what changes we’ve made to it and why.
The report will contain the following sections to help each pupil fully understand all of our changes:
- A detailed critique of the existing personal statement
- A summary of the strengths and weaknesses
- A list of the improvements we’ve made and the reasons for doing so
- Recommendations for other areas of improvement
Click the button below to download a review and editing report completed on a customer's personal statement:
What guarantees are included in the price?
All of our services include a complete editing and review package as detailed above. For additional peace of mind we also offer the following guarantees:
- Experienced editors: All our editors are native English speakers holding at least a 2:1 degree classification and based in the UK.
- Confidential service: Each personal statement can only be accessed by our team of editors and is not made available to UCAS, universities or any other organisations.
- Plagiarism free: All changes to personal statements will be written directly by our team of editors. We never copy from other personal statements, essays or any other sources.
Where can you find out more?
If your school has any questions before ordering a package with us, please don’t hesitate to ask. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll respond to your questions as quickly as possible.
Even if you decide not to order from us, please take a look around the rest of the site. We have plenty of free information on writing a personal statement and over 2000 example statements to use for ideas - scroll back up to the site navigation to see everything we have to offer.
Wishing your school all the best with their UCAS applications,
Tom, Naomi and the rest of the team at Studential.