Teacher Training Personal Statement Example 2

I am applying for these courses because I believe it will help me succeed in my dream to become a teacher. I have always craved teaching and learning, one of my first memories is of me, around the ages of 4 teaching my toys how to count and taking a register, ever since then I have known I wanted to be a teacher and nothing was going to stop me.

When I completed Wilberforce college I did not have enough points for a university course and I was also 3 months pregnant, so I took sometime out of education to concentrate on my daughter, once I felt ready I started education again, this was with the Open University, where I am currently studying children’s literature and understanding society to help me achieve the extra points I need.

Whilst I was at Wilberforce College I completed a BTEC National in Health and Social care, I loved this course, I loved learning new things constantly and I loved the fact it involved work placement, during this course I have particularly enjoyed the modules on Psychology, Equality, Diversity and Rights and Microbiology.

Undertaking this course has prepared me for the academic challenges, which I may face in university life. I did over 100 hours of work placement, 1 week and the ****** residential home and 1 week at the ******** residential home and 2 primary schools, 1 week at ******* primary school and 1 week at ******* primary school , I enjoyed my weeks at the residential homes, I enjoyed getting to know the residents and being involved with the day to day activities.

I got on very well with the staff and residents, but it wasn’t where I wanted to be, when it came to the school’s I couldn’t wait I could finally fine out if what I had being dreaming to be is what I enjoy and wanted to do when it came down to it, and I can joyfully say it is, I loved every second of my time there, I gained the trust of the pupils which meant the allowed me to work alongside them with ease, I created a good bond with the teachers as well, at the end of my weeks I received good feedback from the teacher.

That’s why when I get onto a university course, I know I will give my all and bring everything I have to it because I know at the end of it I’ll get to do what I love doing. I am a good listener, independent, organised and self disciplined which should prove invaluable preparation for life at university.

I have a calm caring nature, with a positive, smiley attitude towards life. I enjoy socialising with my friends and meeting new people. I enjoy listening to all sorts of music; I like watching films, and spending time with my daughter, watching her learn and grow always bring a smile to my face.

This personal statement was written by HayleysMummy for application in 2000.

HayleysMummy's Comments

This is my first draft of my personal statement, all help will be very much appreciated