Radiography Personal Statement Example

Science has always been a strong interest of mine and I always knew I wanted to pursue a career in the medical field. However, I was undecided as to what medical career until I attended an Aim Higher Science at Work conference at the University of Portsmouth. I was given an insight into several careers and demonstrations that represented them. Diagnostic Radiography really inspired me that day and it was at that point that I knew this was what I wanted to do. Since then, I have had the opportunity to gain a clear insight into Radiography through talking to my uncle, who is a qualified Diagnostic Radiographer, and I will be carrying out work experience with him after leaving college.

I believe my strong communication skills, patience, empathy and ability to problem solve, which are all important to a Radiographer, have been developed through both my part time job and work experience that I have completed. Working as a customer assistant has given me contact with a range of people and I have learnt how to work independently as well as part of a team. My work experience as a classroom assistant in a primary school has enabled me to adapt to working with young children and understanding their needs. I have applied for a job as a full time Radiographic Department Assistant, which if I get accepted for, I hope to do over the summer. Doing this would provide me with more knowledge and experience of Radiography.

Through A Level Applied Science I have studied a wide range of different aspects of Biology, Chemistry and Physics, including a Physics unit on 'Working Waves' which is related to Radiography. I particularly found this unit fascinating and relevant to Radiography. Studying AS Business Studies has given me the opportunity to develop analytical skills which will be useful in a working environment.

Owning and successfully competing three horses in championships has developed a competitive streak in me as well as giving me a high level of responsibility and fitness.

The prospect of studying Radiography at university has truly motivated me to become part of a profession in the future. I hope to continue to enjoy my interest in sports by making use of the university's sports facilities such as the gym and the riding club. After completing the university course, I would eventually like to pursue a career in the NHS as a Diagnostic Radiographer.

This personal statement was written by cbailey for application in 2008.

cbailey's Comments

I have only just applied for uni so I am applying late. I would appreciate comments to see what people think. Thanks.

wow ur personal statement

wow ur personal statement really impressed me

n140294

just curious, did you get into your preferred college with that personal staement?, its very good

radiography course

i'm applying to move university and want to write personal statement and it's little bit difficult, that i need some help to finish my personal statement

hi

I hope you got into the uni you wanted