Gap Year Personal Statement Examples

I first became interested in chemistry at GCSE level as this was the first time that I had studied the sciences separately. I found it a subject that I understood and have continued to find thoroughly enjoyable and achieve very well in...
Geography has inspired me from a young age and I believe that growing up in Scotland has had an important role to play in this. The country's geography, to me, can never fail to impress, particularly the city of Edinburgh...
A trip to the capital city of Iceland; Reykjavík, shaped distinctively by its earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, I noticed how fundamental tourism and investment in geothermal energy had resulted in a strong correlation of economic growth for the country...
My life was always a combination of two different cultures. Living in France, the active contact between French and Russian culture allows my cultural background to be favourable and beneficial for my future, both in my studies and working experiences by bringing in the traditional meaning of what defines cultural diversity...
As the combination of maths and sciences to solve problems and improve existing systems, engineering has shaped the world we live in.
My decision to study Geography stems from an evolving curiosity in the world's complex relationships, both human and physical. The relevance and dynamic nature of the subject never ceases to impress. Investigating soil properties in local farmland confirmed this...