7 Tips On How To Write An Essay For The Highest Mark
Do you strive to excellence and want to become an A-grade student? Do you want to learn how to write an ideal college essay and get the highest mark?
If your answers are “yes”, read this article. Here you will find seven tips on how to improve essay writing skills and how to take academic performance to the next level.
1. Choose the topic you like
Does your professor let you choose any essay topic you like? If yes, that’s great! You have a chance to turn a boring school assignment into a fun task and get a high grade.
The point is that if you choose a topic of interest, it will be easier for you to immerse yourself in essay writing. If you put your heart and soul into your work, your professor will notice it. And your efforts will be rewarded with the highest mark possible.
How to choose the right essay topic?
- Focus on issues that resonate with you and that are relevant to the discipline you study.
- Pick a topic that no one discussed before. The original topic is your chance to amaze your professor and make your essay stand out.
- Make sure there are sources from which you can retrieve information on the topic of your choice. For instance, if you write an essay about marketing trends, make sure that you can access recent statistics to support your thesis statement.
Do in-depth research
Whether you are assigned an essay topic or choose a topic on your own, you can’t start writing a paper without doing previous research. No matter how well you are familiar with the subject. You should read recent studies and analyze the latest statistics before you start.
Remember that to get the highest grade, you should base your work on the most relevant and accurate data. And the better you research the topic, the more precise data you will be able to provide.
Don’t trust information found on Google
As you know, not every web resource counts as a reliable source of information. So, please, don’t waste your time trying to find trustworthy information on Google. Use Google Scholar, Jstor, or other similar digital libraries instead.
Let’s say you are writing an essay about Van Gogh. You type a keyword “Van Gogh” into Google. And what will you see in search results? The first item on the search results list will be Wikipedia.
As you know, Wikipedia is not a reliable source for academic writing. And if you want to get a high mark, you should never cite it in your school assignments.
And what information you will find if you type a keyword “Van Gogh” into Google Scholar? You will find books, scientific articles, and other reliable sources that are suitable for essay writing.
2. Outline your ideas
Do you start writing your essay from writing an outline? If not, you are making a big mistake. If you create an outline, it will be much easier for you to work on your assignment.
Most students wrongly believe that outline writing is a waste of time. However, it’s not. If you write an outline, you will be able to spot all possible “weaknesses” of your essay and avoid mistakes.
You will see whether you need to add more evidence to support your arguments. Or, whether you need to add a counterargument to strengthen your thesis statement.
3. Pay attention to the structure
Remember that your essay should have a clear structure. The essay should start with an introduction that includes a thesis statement and a short outline of the paper.
The first paragraph should familiarise the reader with the topic and explain what exact idea you are going to discuss.
If you write a standard, 5-paragraph essay, the next three paragraphs should present strong arguments that support your thesis statement. Here you can use statistics, quotes, and other evidence.
In the concluding paragraph, you should briefly restate your thesis statement. The last section of your essay shouldn’t present any new facts and findings.
4. Take advantage of new technologies
We live in a digital age. We have access to dozens of useful services that can facilitate our lives. So if you truly want to get the highest mark, don’t hesitate to use the following online resources:
- Purdue OWL and APA Style – proper citation is one of the most important grading criteria for writing assignments. If you don’t know how to format an essay according to APA, MLA, Chicago, or other styles, visit these websites to find the writing guidelines.
- Studicus and TrustMyPaper – when it comes to academic writing, proofreading is always important. If you don’t want a misspelled word or misused comma affects your grade, use these proofreading services.
- Studential and Writing Populist – if you want to develop your writing skills, and get the highest marks, read these blogs. Here you will find tons of useful information as well as practical writing tips.
- GrabMyEssay and BestEssa.Education – if you can’t finish an essay on your own, use these services to get professional writing help. It will allow you to submit your assignment on time and get the desired grade.
5. Start writing your essay in advance
Do you know what common mistakes all students make? They start working on their school assignments a night before the deadline.
Students rush to finish an essay and to submit it on time. They have no enough time to proofread and edit their works. And, as a result, academic papers written in a rush receive the lowest marks.
If you want to get A+, you should start working on your essay as soon as you get assigned to the task.
Then you will have enough time to do in-depth research on the topic as well as to proofread your essay a couple of times.
If you want to succeed in college and life, be ready to study hard. Take essay writing seriously and work on every school assignment with full vigor.
Apply the tips given and take a step toward your dreams right now.
BIO: Nicole D.Garrison is a content strategist at WowGrade and an academic writer at SupremeDissertations. She always puts quality research first and strives to excellence in writing. When she is not working, you can find her jogging in the park or fishing at the lake. Also, Nicole runs her own blog LiveInspiredMagazine