Teacher Training Personal Statement Example 1

I am a fun loving, outgoing, and sociable girl. I love kids and working with them. My calling is to teach children; inside and outside the church.

I am currently going to Bakersfield College studying Liberal studies. I changed my major about a year and a half ago due to a car accident. I crushed a vertebra, bad whip lash, and now have a protruding disc toward my spinal cord. I have been through many procedures to get things a little more back to normal. I love life more than ever since this accident. I realise that life is short and can be over at any moment without notice.

I work at Starbucks as a shift supervisor. I love teaching the baristas and informing customers about coffee and how we do things to perfection in the world of coffee. This job has given me the skills to teach people with every learning style and to have the patience for those who learn slower than others. When things don't go my way I have learned and obtained the skills and knowledge how to stay very calm and get things back on track.

Currently I am studying classes to further my career in teaching and looking forward my work experience class where I will get one on one experience with children. Children are my passion. Any chance I get to see them learn, help them learn, and to teach them just brightens my day. I love the satisfaction of seeing “the light go on” when they finally understand a problem.

I have been a tutor for fifth grade math for a child who has ADD. The patience he gave me and to see him try so hard and all his hard work and frustration pay off was the most awarding thing. That is when I knew I wanted to become a teacher.

I am hoping that Seattle Pacific University will give me that chance and opportunity to make a big difference in their city.

This personal statement was written by Jlfrieson for application in 2008.

Jlfrieson's Comments

This is my first personal statement. I have never seen one or been told how to go about one. Any feed back both positive and negative will be greatly appreciated.

i think its a really good

i think its a really good personal statement. short but quite to the point. good luck

the structure of this

the structure of this personal statement is wrong, the first thing you should have said is what you want to study then your interest.

this is ok but you must focus

this is ok but you must focus on the course that you want to study not just on coffee and children
good luck!

yeah, i work in a shoe shop

yeah, i work in a shoe shop but im not motivated by slippers! lol, best of luck with your application and thanks for the life story!

A very good statement,

A very good statement, however a little on the small side:'D

A R SCA

this first sentence looks

this first sentence looks like its an add for some dating agency and i really dont know how your accident really fits in with you wanting to teach? best of luck

It sounds like it's something

It sounds like it's something you're telling your friend, not something professionally written to get into university. The sentances are far too small, you could add them all together and make it sound a lot better and more constructed.

Your accident had no major relevance, I don't think telling people about how coffee is made is quite like teaching... what about all the paper work?

I liked your last paragraph the most, it's really good, but should definately be the first paragraph.

Sorry if i sound harsh, I wish you luck, you do sound like a nice person to teach.

a good attempt- but its way

a good attempt- but its way to informal- especially the opening sentence, which is probably the most important part of the ps

this statment is very bad

this statment is very bad

Your personal statement

Your personal statement should be about why you want to teach and what you can bring to the job, it should be longer than you have written and to be honest yours sounds like a bit of a life story! They don't need to know all the injuries you got from an accident.

I am currently in the process

I am currently in the process of applying for a teaching course and everyone I have spoken to have made it very clear nver to use the word kids as it can affect your chances

I would not want to be taught

I would not want to be taught by you.

anonymous

The most important thing in a personal statement is that it should be a personal statement. There is a genuiness in your statement. Text book statements are off putting. Please develop further on why you would like to teach and what skills you have. Include more examples and why they are relevant.

It is good to hear that you believe that you have a call to teaching...many are called but few are chosen.persevere and you will get there!

It is not wise to refer to

It is not wise to refer to children as kids.

guest

Very informal

Peado.

No offense, but seriousely you sound like a peadophile.

GUILT TRIP

i think this personal statement is pretty bad. what its basically doing is taking the university down the guilt trip. hopefully they will not let the person into university and do what she wants to do baised on sorrow.

GUILT TRIP

terrible!

terrible!

'KIDS'

From what I have learnt, the correct term for a child is not a kid as this is what a baby goat is called.